Cdizzle Posted November 24, 2007 Report Posted November 24, 2007 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145021 I was looking at buying that kind of ram, right now I have; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145420 but the ones that I have were twins in the same packet, they dont have the same deal on newegg anymore, anyways.... I was wondering if I got 2 extra sticks of those 1gb sticks (making 2 gigs) and add it to my 2x512mb (1gig) machine right now would everything work out alright? I have my processor overclocked right now at 2.35Ghz and I have some other corsair RAM that isnt XMS and if I try to put that in with the XMS the processor cannot be overclocked. I was just making sure that if I bought that new ram if I could just pop it in and nothing changes...Except going from 1 gig of ram in this machine to 3 gigs... Thanks. Quote Damn Thiefs
EricM9104 Posted November 24, 2007 Report Posted November 24, 2007 They'd work but you'd have to loosen the timings on your current 512mb sticks to 3-3-3-8 or tighten the timings on the new ram to 2-3-3-6. As long as the timings and such match up, you'll be fine. Quote 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
Cdizzle Posted November 25, 2007 Author Report Posted November 25, 2007 They'd work but you'd have to loosen the timings on your current 512mb sticks to 3-3-3-8 or tighten the timings on the new ram to 2-3-3-6.As long as the timings and such match up, you'll be fine. http://www.corsairmemory.com/_datasheets/T...1024-3200C2.pdf That is actually what I have right now, I am looking at adding another 2 gigs to it (first link I showed) will this all work out? Quote Damn Thiefs
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.