better spl

ok, so i have a rf t1500.1dbcp amp and 2 rf t2 12"s not metered yet but working on it. with just one of the 12s same amp in the slot ported box rockford suggest i did a 143.9. by the time the next comp i want to gain another 1.1 db. i will be adding better batteries big 3 and building a box for the 2 t2 12"s i have now. hopefully adding a ho alt aswell. i do have a box design so for that will have 2 seperate boxes joined together by adding a second layer of .75" mdf to each side of the boxes that will go across both boxes on top bottom back and front. basicaly a single box with 2 chambers and 2 slot ports with 1.5" thik outside walls. the chambers will be a net of 2.0 cuft each with 17.5 of port area per foot at 40 hz. i have 1/0 gauge from front to back and 4gauge to amp 8 gauge to subs.

the whole setup will be going into the back of my 2003 ford focus zx5, after the box is made i will get it metered with the the sub and port facing up back and front to see wich is best. the last 2 setups have been better facing back. the hatch door is sound deadend and working on doing the rest of the trunk half the roof is done and the 2 front doors. ( front of car had tons of rattle that annoyed me) will also be trying to get the reat doors and the last half of the roof done before the comp.

if anyone has suggestions that would be great and thanks in advance.

to buy list

mechman 220 amp alt

xs d5100 (will be secondary battery)

another 1/0 kit for big 3 plus what ever else

sound deadner

mid range amp rf t400.4

box building meterial

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I strongly suggest you to take your time into the deadning process, i´ve got weird results with it, or i gain BIG or i lost even bigger!! if you want to score on the meter you have to test a lot, specially one thing at a time!!

About your box plans, doesn´t look bad at all, 2 c/f per sub should work, try facing them forward with the box pushed as back to the tail as you can, almost every trunk car i´ve played with gets louder that way :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Rule of thumb, double your cone area =3db

Double your power =3db

Upgrade alt, battery, wiring, big 3 = 1.1 idk for sure

But basically if you're doing a 43.9 with 1 12 and you add another 12, in theory you should gain 2-3db with as is. Anything you upgrade should yield what you're looking to get

Good luck with your goal

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

thanks for the advice and yeah im gonna build the box and add the alt and battery at the same time then test it facing every wich way possible in several different positions. i will be testing it after i do the back doors and hatch area with sound deadner. me and a few freinds are gonna spend a day at a local shop that does iasca comps and do all of our amp tuning and hu tuning while messing with the direction and placement of the box.

Currently the 2 12"s are in a slot ported obcon box and im gonna test it soon hopefully just need the time. the faceplate of the box is actually coming off. i can hear it slapping the other part of the box at times so i know that box is junk only paid 20 bucks for it though. i can hear/feel a good difference in it compared to when i had the single 12". also forgot to mention im getting a rockford line driver for the sub amp and i already have a rockford 10farad digital cap, i know most people say there worthless but my volts only drop to the the low 12s with it and was in the low 10s with out it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

the box design

it will be 2 boxes like this one

Capture3.png

they will be joined together by sheets of mdf on all outter walls with an end result looking like this

Capture2.png

the box specs

Capture.png

the outter walls of the box will all be 1.5" in thickness and will have a total outside dimensions of 20.5" tall x 19.75" deep x 38" wide it will be a little bit of a tight fot for my trunk but will work great.

let me now what you think, i have plenty of time to make changes as needed. wont be building the box for atleast another 4-5 months.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Double your power =3db

Doing both together adds 3 db IN THEORY! He needs more power IMO those are 4" coils

Also, a common chamber box ( no divider ) is proven louder.

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Box specs looks very good, too bad you have to go with a L shaped port, that drops down your score a little bit but anyways, build that thing, should score and still sound very nice.

If you haven´t seen my SPL gains topic at the SPL room, i suggest you to take a look at it before starting to build the box, you can take lots of good ideas from it...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

A good place to look at SPL topics is www.termpro.com in the forum.

Lots of loud guy over there.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

yeah, this is only my second box build and i like the sound i get from L shaped slot ports. this is a daily ran setup so if i get a 145+ out of it i will be happy. i dont exactly have money to replace anything if i blow it. already blew 1 of the 12s and had it warrantied. i am gonna round of the edges on the port walls and port opening to help with airflow.

yeah my last setup was a single rf t2d412" wired at 2 ohms to the 1500.1bdcp so according to the birthsheet 1790watts. ran it like that in 2 different boxes for lil over 6 months when the 12" finaly smoked up the car. did a 143.9 with that. volts dropping down to 12.5-12.8 but now with the 2 12"S at 1 ohms volts drop to 12.0-12.3. getting a 220amp mechman alt and xs d5100 battery to fix that proplem. When its all said and done im hoping for a 1db gain from adding the second 12 and building the box for them. then around .5-1db gain from the electrical upgrade. then maybe .1 from another $100-$150 worth of dynamat extreme. i get all my stuff at dealer cost plus 10% from a local shop here so it helps a lot.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Double your power =3db

Also, a common chamber box ( no divider ) is proven louder.

I have also read that one common chamber is louder (ram designs and 412cvx say it too) so maybe take out the divider and put in a wedge in the middle of the back wall to direct airflow or you could try one L port with both subs on one side (I'm not sure on what way meters better it seems like people do both)

Although 2 subs on one side and a single L port on the other side might be considered more as a single chamber

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before