Sonic Electronix

Well first off.. Merry Christmas :drinks: I got a DD-1 and some 4 gauge Knu Ofc wire. Im curious im running a 1000w Alpine amp, on a dc level 3, what size fuse should i use? I tried to look for a chart online, couldn't fine one. Also, im having problems finding a hole in the firewall for my Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 1997, im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to run it through? I've been running it through the door.. Now that i have the correct wiring ect i'd like to make sure it's all set up pefectly so i don't have to ever mess with anything anymore. Thanks for any input :drink40:

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

When I ordered my kicker 4g amp kit, I think that they sent an 80amp fuse with it. I've always ran a 100amp fuse in the past. Ive seen the chart on the watts and what size fuse to use, but I can't remember the numbers. I know that when you run your power wire, don't run it on the same side with your RCA's because of noise interference. (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but with mine, my alt is on the passenger side of the car, so I drilled a hole in the firewall to fit the 4g wire, and that's going down the passenger side to my trunk batt (also on the passenger side) and my RCA's run down the driver side. Hope this helps

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Haha, yeah man was just going to post on this. Im dumb haha they sent a fuse with it but still wondering about the firewall. Why run them on opposite sides mate? I'll run the power on drivers and rca's on passanger if anything

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Go no higher than about 150a, anything lower than that will work too so long as your current draw doesn't exceed it.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I believe no more than 6" from the batt. If you run the RCA cable and power cable on the same size, you'll get static and stuff in the line, even when you don't have music playing. I think if you do cross the wires, cross them perpendicular and not parallel. I had them crossed one time, and my subs were randomly making noise with music off and random static noise in the speakers. I even have them on different sides, but since the input for everything on my amp, made them cross. So I ran the RCA cable slightly differently so that they don't cross at all, and it fixed the problem

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Tutorial vids on youtube will be more accurate and explain it better than I can. I know the basics and what to do and not do, but I'm no expert by any means.

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

Archived