Sundown Audio

2 12" SSD

Eddy722

bxi hifonics run hot at even 1ohm

man your smoking some good shit,  I ran my  Hifonics BXI @ .5ohms, the only time it ever got hot was when I Ran a 4 min Deathmatch @ the vacavile show.

I dont know where the  BXI amps Get hot came from, But I can give you a couple of examples of them running @ 1 ohm or lesss and no heat issues.

maybee the shop I got em from had a good batch or something, 1206@ .5  no issues, 1606 @ 1ohm and .5  no issues, 2006  1 and .5 ohm loads no issues, Im confussled.

7 different BXI 1606

3 different BXI 1206

1 1505

1 2005

they all got hot as hell, thats what im going off of, if i remember Gmonks get pretty toasty too, not as in turn off, but they get pretty hot form what he was saying.  None of mine ever shut off at 1 ohm they just were real hot , enough to blister your skin.

But maybe that stuff i smoke is just that good.

all in the trunk?

mine where all installed where the rear seat used to sit, they had the subz blowing on them, maybee thats why I had such good luck with em,  maybee I just had some real good luck, your the 3rd person that has said this soooo Im guesssing I just had some good luck.

Im smokin some good stuff right now hahahahaha want some, kidding, I know, just teasin ya.