Jump to content

DLS SD52 2 ways


Cardboardcat15

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just picked up a pair of the DLS X-SD52 5 and a qurter components from sonicelectronix the other day. I got them this morning and I took them out of the box to hook them up. Well now I'm having a small issue with wiring. On the instruction manual, found here http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26473_DLS-X-Program-X-SD52.html (scroll to the bottom, it's a PDF. I have the DLS X-SD52) The intructions show to wire the woofers + and - coming from the crossover to ONLY the - coming from the amp, and wiring the tweeter + after the crossover directly to the amp and then the - inline with the - coming from the amp. This obviously made no sese to me, because to ym knowledge it isn't a parralel/series wiring. I did it anyway, and I only got sound from the tweeter. when I probed it with my DMM I didn't get a load. However, when I just wired the tweeter and woofer in parralel after the crossovers and then connected them to the amp, I got sound from both speakers and they sounded great actually. I probed it with the DMM and got a nice even 4 ohm load.

So has anyone had experience with these speakers? Am I doin it right?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

 

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

 

Posted

If it works the way you did it, keep it that way. Just make sure to check the ohm load the amp is seeing with the way you have it.

EDIT: I see you checked and got 4ohms. Should be good to go.

yeah I figured it would be fine, just wanted to check. Dont wanna waste 140 bucks. It must be a printing error on the manual. Gonna go ahead and start my kicks then.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

 

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

 

Posted

I'm still waiting on my disbursement check :( Once I know if it's enough to cover books and a parking pass, I'll let ya know. The check was supposed to be deposited today >:l

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

 

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1584 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...