Sonic Electronix

Ok here's the deal,98 s10 ext cab. I live in Ohio. I have 4 15's to fit in it. Im having problems designing a below-the-window ported box so i said !@#$ it and decided to build a wall... something i've never done before. So the questions are as follows

1) Are walled systems (having an obstructed view out the rear window) illegal?

2) As far as spl numbers, do ya'll recommend chambers for each sub with one port per two chambers (almost like having two dual 15 boxed boxes in one) or one shared chamber with one large port?

3) Driver side port,middle port, or passenger side port? Or does it really matter (again,spl numbers!)

:drinks: Any help would be cool as im new to SMD :drinks:

legality for a wall depends on the state think your alright in ohio though, I would do 1 chamber with a large port, and from what I've seen at the shows and on the site most people go with the port on the driver side.I'm sure someone with more experience then myself will chime in here, but this is just what I have seen the most of. I'm starting my first wall build this year also and been doing alot of research check out some of the wall build logs you can get alot of info from them.

Alpine 9886

Rockford mids and highs

MBQUART 4.125

2 xfl 15's

2 TRX2000.1's

Optima up front,Knetic 2400 in back

Here's something to think about, if walls were illegal, then wouldn't delivery vans with no rear windows be illegal also? :)

Walls are legal in every state. As long as you have 2 useable mirrors on the vehicle.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

legality for a wall depends on the state think your alright in ohio though, I would do 1 chamber with a large port, and from what I've seen at the shows and on the site most people go with the port on the driver side.I'm sure someone with more experience then myself will chime in here, but this is just what I have seen the most of. I'm starting my first wall build this year also and been doing alot of research check out some of the wall build logs you can get alot of info from them.

awesome man. thanks for the help and good luck with your wall as well.

funny part of all of this,my mother has been on the sheiffs department in my county for 22 years,yet doesnt know if walls are legal lol. however she said that she believes it's legal as long as you still have a way to see behind you (i.e. side mirrors)

Here's something to think about, if walls were illegal, then wouldn't delivery vans with no rear windows be illegal also? :)

Walls are legal in every state. As long as you have 2 useable mirrors on the vehicle.

makes sense to me,and as my previous reply stated,my mother who is a cop pretty much said the same thing as far as side mirrors go

I have been running my car with several different walls in it and never had issues. But i do have my two outside mirrors.

I have heard that driver side port is the best but alot of those people are mainly burping in my opinion. I listen to music so I play music and my personal prefference is putting the port in the middle somehow, vertical or horizontal.

Edited by sodfamily

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Burping and bass race.

It builds pressure on the passenger side ( where the meter is placed ). Your setup will almost always be louder the farthest away from your port.

Middle port will yields same or close to same

score on driver and pass get side of vehicle.

Keep subs In one chamber.

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer