Sonic Electronix

lets see RichardXTC im thinking about...

Center channel will be 2 4" fnq midrange with either a single fnq or X1t tweeter. This will be custom molded in the dash too look like the air intake on the 06/07 corvette Z06 and with a "grill" that looks like the new cadillac V-series... this grill will have speaker cloth behind so the speakers themselves will be hidden. Then ill have 2 or so blue leds to light the inside up with a switch.

Center console will be RAVDVD1 with 6.5 alpine screen and maybe if i can get it to work SSR HVAC controls.... also there will be the built in mini switches for the amps and leds and any fosgate bass boost knobs. THis will all be done by modifying my dash kit, and my dash trim with fiberglass.

Doors will be 2 FNQ 6.5 midrange per door and 1(2) FNQ Tweeter per door. Also pending fitment i want to include a 8" Punch HX2 for midbass. These will all be fiberglassed in with sperate chambers and ill be using the 03 FRC grills on the woofers with Vinyl/paint as the finish. May or may not have blue leds built into door or accenting speakers.

A pillar will have custom built tweeter pods holding X1t tweeters that resemble the factory Cobalt tweet pods but will show the tweeter itself and will be wrapped in blue vinyl (may or may not have a fosgate logo)

Rear will have sealed fiberglass enclosures for 2 FNQ or Power 6.5 componants. These will also have the FRC grills and will replicate the front with leds, paint and or vinyl.

Subs are pretty much unknown at the moment but i will be using 2 woofers either 12s or 15s probably 12s utalizing the factory 6X9 holes for ports... and woofers sealed from the trunk facing foward.

Amps Will include 250m for center channel 801x for speakers 801s for 8s and depending on subs either T20001bd, T300001bd, or T40001bd. All on a custom fiberglass rack and grounded to both the frame and batteries.

Processors will be a 360.2 and a 360.1 mounted on the rear deck.

Rear deck will be dampened with Hush Mat/ liquid second skin... Depending fitment this will be covered in Fiberglass and Vinyled with the processors and maybe all the D-blocks for the amps. But im hoping to be able to cover this with the factory rear deak lid for a stock look when dd and a custom look when at shows or whatever.

Wiring will be using 2/0 rf superflex, 8g rf superflex, and 13g rf geometry wire. RCAs are all rf twisted pair or matrix.

Batteries are unkown but i will have plenty of power utalizing the spare tire location.

Alt power is unkown as well but im hoping to go with either 2 or 3 amps but it would need to be custom brakets

Also im looking at getting a carputer, security tint and a beefy alarm... thats going to be  $$$ $$$ $$$

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 4 weeks later...
:D mainly to get loud but also so i can fully use the power of my amp(s)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

hey sonicelectronix.com has some fnq's. i kno u were lookin for more and theyre $50 cheaper than woofersetc.com

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_2142.html#

i was thinkin of pickin up a set.

cool bro thanks... lol just as i have the money and now i dont :(

imho it would really depend on the listener... they are very very similar in construction so its a close call.

:^ ya if you thinking about warrenty then def get the power comps from an authorized dealer... but id prefer the fnqs because of the fact that id like to have all the same speakers

Archived