Second Skin Audio

Box Size?

Ragehole

Ok, I am starting a box build tomarrow and i was trying to decide on how big i should make it. i am gunna be putting 1 fi btl n2 18 in it but im trying to decide, big or small box design??? i was wondering if anybody has had experience with this sub on what kind of box it likes. its going in a 2000 mitsubishi eclipse so space is limited, right where the back seat should be, no wall. any input will be helpful.

I always like to have a box on the bigger side for better efficiency and low end response, so I would make the box as big as you can.

i was kinda thinking bigger was better but i dont have alot of experience with the btl yet so i dont know what it wants. i wanna get the ground pounding bass as well as maybe get a good hair trick or two. :) my current box is 6.25 cubic feet tuned to 31hz. i did a 141 last year on 1000 watts and have done nothing but upgrade since then. but i know my box isnt right. i think its smothering the sub. i think i got my port wrong so im gunna try again and see what happens. thanks for the post.

Archived