Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

EDIT: think i figured it out, HU doesnt distort at all with 4 channel, but distorts at 57/62 on bass amp when sub level is at 0

So, i tuned the 4 channel and bass amp with the volume at 56.

bass amp tuning= easy

4 channel: Channel A gets tuned through the (+) and channel B gets tuned through the (-)

4 channel : put the red prong on the SPEAKER TERMINALS, not the RCA holes, when tuning the amp, and when finding max volume.

Also, I used TRACK 7 for bass amp and TRACK 4 for the 4 channel

HU MAX VOLUME FINDINGS (Used TRACK 1 & 2)

4 channel doesnt distort 62/62

bass amp distorted at 57/62

everything was on flat except now im realizing i had the sound retriever setting on. is that going to be ok? the meter didnt show distortion when i tuned it so nothing can get damaged right if that was a small factor?

Also, can i freely change my HU's EQ setting without retesting the amps for distortion??

Thanks for any help in advance!

Edited by SlamminBeats
Posted

I assume you have a pioneer HU

I have a pioneer as well an it doesnt distort till you have everything cranked ( bass bass boost and loud)

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

that is true same with my deck

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

________________________________________________________________________

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Posted

set it all flat and do changes on the amp

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

________________________________________________________________________

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Posted

I have 2 of the DEH-6300UB and found that the RCA's clip at 62 on mine, but the speaker level output would clip at 49. Make sure you check out both.

what do you mean by this. its weird, like 2/4 inputs distorted at the same and then the other 2/4 distorted at a different gain. but neither triggered the HU to clip. so how to you test RCA clipping vs speaker level?

Posted

Yes, off = full range

You're confusing me though....first you say you deck doesn't distort then you say it distorts at two different levels WHEN CHECKING THE AMP. Completely lost bro!

Do me a favor, take a smoke break, go do something else for a minute, then come back after a few minutes, catch your breath and let's try this all over again.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I have two RCA's out, sub/rear speaker and then front speaker RCA's. Both of those did not clip til I hit 62. Then if I hook directly to one of my speaker outputs, since I use the HU to power my speakers, it clips at 49 there. I ran into this problem when I first got my DD1, and Decaf verified that it happens to him often too.

Edited by Lbox88
Posted

Yes, off = full range

You're confusing me though....first you say you deck doesn't distort then you say it distorts at two different levels WHEN CHECKING THE AMP. Completely lost bro!

Do me a favor, take a smoke break, go do something else for a minute, then come back after a few minutes, catch your breath and let's try this all over again.

what i mean is the HU doesnt distort right.

then whe ni set the gains on the 4 channel, two of the channels distort at a different level than the other two. so if i move the red prong from the dd-1 to each of the 4 positive speaker inputs, they distort at different levels when setting the gains (not the HU level).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 6610 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...