Sundown Audio

wiring to an AQ2200D

MIKE-2U

So my system consists of an aq2200D and two d-4 sa 10's. I want to put the amp at one ohm. This amp has two positive and two negitive speaker out puts. So could i wire all the postives from one sub to one.speaker positive out put. AND all the negotove terminals on the sub to ONE negitive speaker output on.the amp and repeat the same step for other sub? Basically what is the dual positives and negitives speaker outputs for?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

ok thankyou, i was confuesd about that dual output. How do you figure out what ohm load your subs are putting on the amp. I KNOW the12volt.com has a wiring diagram. that picture ilovebass808 posted is from the12volt but that only does 2 and 4 ohm speakers. i know some subs come in 1 , 8 .7 etc. so is there a calculator to find the amp load or an equation ? how does everyone do it ? thanks in advance.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

Series resistance adds, parallel resistance take a little more math. For parallel, you do

0f67a9d6ad548b23212a3161ebabcf51.png

you should not mix different ohm loads however. The easiest way to do parallel loads though, as long as every load is the same (i.e. 2 d4 subs) is if every load is in parallel: then take the ohm load divided by the number of loads. so 2 d4 subs= 4 coils at 4 ohms. if all are in parallel, then 4/4=1.

Say you had 6 single 8 ohm subs and you want to put all of them in parallel. 8ohms/6loads=1.33ohms.

now if you had different load values (which you should not do unless you KNOW what you're doing) then you would have to use the equation listed above.

Does that help you out?

yes i think so thank you. the series is still a bit new to me but i am using parallel so its ok.

Archived