Second Skin Audio

Sealed or Ported For Soft Top Jeep?

I don't think it will matter cuz I seen some vidz of softop jeeps hitting 160+ with ported boxes.

The guy at the car audio store i go to says that having a soft top is like having all the windows down in a car its just not going to sound good. Maybe because he doesn't want to take the extra work and build a ported box for me?

if i were you i would do a ported box if your style of music.. just me.. and its not completely true on the whole opening all of your windows being the soft top does hold some pressure although not as well as a hard top (duh)

I don't think it will matter cuz I seen some vidz of softop jeeps hitting 160+ with ported boxes.

:rofl:

Go ahead and look it up. Its obviously not with 2 12s but it can and has been done.

damn its a 150 but still thats really impressive. i didnt even think about it being walled :lol: my bad

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

[/quot

e]

damn its a 150 but still thats really impressive. i didnt even think about it being walled :lol: my bad

Irk... thought it was 160because but oh well. My point is you can get loud if you want. But since its not ur primary objective just go ported.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

I would go with ported for the output and I would recomend building your own box depending on the guys pricing. If the guy is going to try and sell you a sealed so he doesn't have to make a ported box im sure corners will be cut during the process of constructing it. Give it a shot on your own, its s good learning experience!

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

I would go with ported for the output and I would recomend building your own box depending on the guys pricing. If the guy is going to try and sell you a sealed so he doesn't have to make a ported box im sure corners will be cut during the process of constructing it. Give it a shot on your own, its s good learning experience!

^X2 building your own box is da way to go. Build it to the specs of the speakers and ur garunteed to get good sound.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)