DC Sound Lab

My first box.. feedback please

it looks like the were the port ends in the box will just be 3 inches of the back wall you want that to be just as far off the back wall as wide as your port is whats the point of havint 5.5 inches of port opening if its choked by 3 inches of opening off the back wall

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Why would these numbers not match?? Sub placement is not in the equation and the area is the same...

question.jpg

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!

i lose one inch in the port entrance.. because i want consistent surface below subs.. not a fair trade?? ..unless your saying the 45 will eat another 1 1/2"??

it looks like the were the port ends in the box will just be 3 inches of the back wall you want that to be just as far off the back wall as wide as your port is whats the point of havint 5.5 inches of port opening if its choked by 3 inches of opening off the back wall

Edited by stanbro

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

looks good. like said before double baffle where the sub cut out is and brace it with maybe 1 - 3 more dowels. BETTER THAN MY FIRST BOX!

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

net volume goes way up to 14.10 and tuning drops to 23.73.? and I'm aiming for 32hz and at or just under 12 cubes..

leave the port opening 5" from the back wall & extend it up 2" to keep the tuning u want... :pardon:

sig-1.jpg

thanks.. double baffle fo sure :good:

looks good. like said before double baffle where the sub cut out is and brace it with maybe 1 - 3 more dowels. BETTER THAN MY FIRST BOX!

sig-1.jpg