Sonic Electronix

Port Size To Big Or To Small?

its for two 18'' btls fully loaded. the net said that those specs it would be 10.6 cuft and tuned at 32.1hz. the port is in the center of the box at the bottom. i have a divider so the cones dont fight eachother. but by the looks of everyones elses port sizes that are roughly that size mine seems like its to big as in idk like frequency or something its a daily listened to system

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

thats why mine was a guess, wow ive been using spray paint to much on my box i guess, :lol: ummm (2) 18" btls in 10.6 net should be ok with 129.5 of port

and if you brace the box you dont need a divider, the only thing it does is if one speaker gets blown the other will be saved possibly instead of both needing recones.

look at meades, hes got 4 18's in a common chamber and they dont "fight"

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

thats why mine was a guess, wow ive been using spray paint to much on my box i guess, :lol: ummm (2) 18" btls in 10.6 net should be ok with 129.5 of port

and if you brace the box you dont need a divider, the only thing it does is if one speaker gets blown the other will be saved possibly instead of both needing recones.

look at meades, hes got 4 18's in a common chamber and they dont "fight"

lol... oh ok cool yea i only put the divider because my friend said that if i didnt that the cones will fight each other and will destroy'em. also why doesnt meade have all the subs in different compartments like 4 boxes within on. is there a difference. i built my box pretty much how meades box is except for 2 instead of four

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

Archived