Sonic Electronix

I've got 3 KFC-W3012 12" 400w RMS Kenwood woofers in a ported box 3cu ft tuned to about 34hz. The amp is a KAC-9105D 1200w RMS at 1 ohm. The subs are all 4 ohm single voice coils so the amp is seeing 1.3 ohms with them all wired in parallel. The problem I'm having is that when I crank the volume over about 23-24, it will hit hard for a few seconds and then the power goes down very noticeably, then comes back, then goes back down etc. until I turn it back down to around 20-21. I had my local stereo shop check this out a few weeks ago because I actually traded in the amp for a new one hoping it would fix the problem.. But it is still doing it, so my guess is that the amp is good. They told me that I was just pushing the subs a little too hard.. and I was like ok I'll just keep it down a little. But that was on two subs, 400rms each so they were getting like 450w each wired at 2 ohms on the amp. I now have three hooked up and it is getting 1.3 ohms which means the subs are getting like 350w each maybe less. So now I'm thinking, there's no fucking way I'm overdriving the subs with 50w under the rms rating! What causes this to happen?

bad grounds? loose connection? everytime i see and hear about an issue like this, i always tell the person to check their fuse and fuse holder under the hood, wire could have melted causing a bad and loose connection, so check that out along with the grounds cause a bad ground can cause this to happen, and a bad ground can cause your fuse holder to even melt

or you could be clipping

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking clipping too. Haven't got my o-scope in yet... so I'm going to check that, maybe I can just play with the gains, turn em down a little at a time and see if it goes away? My wires are all in perfect condition. All 0/1 under the hood, soldered terminal ends, heat wrap around the wire too. And for the amp I have a 4 gauge ran with a 100A fuse. That wire is also staying cool, the ground is on the side of the trunk with a pretty big bolt holding it on, and the paint is scraped off of coarse.

Archived