How to wire 2 caps

Caps will do more harm then good when you have voltage drop. Don't do it.

no they dont. when caps cannot fully charge and discharge (in a voltage drop scenario) they act as a passthrough. no different then a single piece of wire.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

also keep in mind, this will strain the shit out of the alt in your setup, the caps will be steeling from the amps to recharge...

Isn't that what batteries do in a multi-battery setup anyway? Again I'm not being condescending, I'm looking for answers with depth, sorry If I'm annoying you with defensive questions.

also keep in mind, this will strain the shit out of the alt in your setup, the caps will be steeling from the amps to recharge...

Isn't that what batteries do in a multi-battery setup anyway? Again I'm not being condescending, I'm looking for answers with depth, sorry If I'm annoying you with defensive questions.

well yeah... BUT... a battery will sustain a lot longer charge to keep voltages up longer

the less ground points you have the better... the more ground points you have the more chances for noise to be introduced into the system

Thanks, in the most recent pic should the top or bottom cap be grounded

no they dont. when caps cannot fully charge and discharge (in a voltage drop scenario) they act as a passthrough. no different then a single piece of wire.

I'm new to all this, Voltage drop refers to the alt not being able to supply additional/enough amps rights? I know you comment was aimed at c-fizzy, I'm just trying to understand it myself. Thanks.

the less ground points you have the better... the more ground points you have the more chances for noise to be introduced into the system

Thanks, in the most recent pic should the top or bottom cap be grounded

I'm new to all this, Voltage drop refers to the alt not being able to supply additional/enough amps rights? I know you comment was aimed at c-fizzy, I'm just trying to understand it myself. Thanks.

you are correct

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

just put them in parallel next to each other + to + then - to - then to your amps if you must use caps

Is this correct? or do I need to ground both caps?

EDIT: Forgot pic:

4sy9et.png

that will work

i would have to disagree with this statment and why i have about 5 or more ground points in all of my systems remeber the cricute you are making starts with ground not power it makes no sence to have 5 powers and 1 ground ground is just as important as power

also my sq system i am working on has 4 ground points and no noise whats so ever

Have you ever had your woofers blown?