Second Skin Audio

series vs. parallel

K I'm. Wanting to run 2 xl m2s off 2 3.5ks and each amp will get its own batt and out of those two battts they'll get there own alt. And I have the choice of d2 d1 d.7 or d.5 ....eather way I wanna run 1 ohm each

Not trying to hate and/or I could be wrong, but something tells me if you don't know the reasoning/answer to the original question you asked you should probably try playing with a little smaller of a system before going so big.

The equipment you mentioned is going to cost a lot of money and is gonna be costly to replace when/if you break it by not knowing how to set everything up properly.

I'm not sure if this is your first system or what, I am just trying to help out. When I started out I had no idea what the heck I was doing and I did ALOT of No no's that I just shake my head about now when I look back at it. I mean blasting my system with the car off, turning the gain all the way up, getting the amp SO HOT, SO MUCH CLIPPING, etc.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

Id run a 7.5 to the m2s... if your set on 2 amps get the subs in d1s and strapp at 1ohm...... your going to need more than a battery per amp. Do the biggest alternator you can do or multiple if possible and at least 2 xs3100 peramp if possible or those m2s will smoke when you clip your amps on low voltage

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

• 9 years later...
1 hour ago, Blazedshuggz said:

Question have a jl audio rd 1500 amp and 2 jl 13w3v3-2ohm subs. The subs are 600rms . question is i came across another 13w3 but is 4 ohm. Would it be bad to run 2 svc 2ohm subs with a 4ohm svc sub together on a mono amp? Dont wanna muff up 800$ amp or 1200 worth of speakers

It's not recommended to wire different ohm speakers together 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)