SQMonte Posted January 8, 2012 Author Report Posted January 8, 2012 Check out sonic soundlabs as well. I'd go for the sundown z 12's tho.Forgot about SSL, the Supersonic 12's looks nice...just emailed them for pricing. I would run a 2500 watt amp to 2 sa 12s daily, but I am also not a noob. Can it be done, sure, if it is your first time around audio, probably not the best idea. I'm not a noob to car audio but def a noob with it comes to this much power....but i'm also not stupid either. I have read all the comments from the guys who responded and have made note of the things I should/shouldn't do. Looking like i'm gonna be putting a few things up for sale to try and finance some new subs that can handle the power without any doubt. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
carfreak1024 Posted April 11, 2012 Report Posted April 11, 2012 well from my personal experience i have used 5k on a pair of sundown SA10s from 2 RE XTX5000.1s with great results. I will admit they did get a little smelly, but this was in a show environment after they were playing for about 2 hours, and they were not even broken in, after that initial smell that was it! This is in our shop's demo car. Bass was insane for a pair of 10s, NO ONE believed it was 2 10s, had to open the tailgate to show we weren't hiding any more subs, people almost made us take the subs out the box to see that the subs weren't modified or anything. But i have to admit the car was way overbuilt in every respect. Electrical system, processing, dampening, and install was up to par with the best! Car has a 300amp alt, 6 kinetik 2400s, and 4 runs of 1/0 front to back, and lots of dynamat. It uses an 880PRS for the head unit, an audiocontrol dqs for tuning and an audiocontrol matrix for line drive!
fox_racin4 Posted April 11, 2012 Report Posted April 11, 2012 I have 4 saz4500s @.35ea on 12 sa10s Daily, oviosly cant play all day long but can get a few songs full tilt no problem!! 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
dolarbilz Posted April 11, 2012 Report Posted April 11, 2012 Rich, I ran 1200 rms to each of my SA-15's. (AQ3500.1 at 2 ohms) they took it fine with anything above tuning, but if you want to play them with high power, don't even think about playing them below tuning full tilt. They will take more power, as long as it's clean power, and you do NOT play below tuning at all. And for those of you that say your buddy ran a 3k at half ohm blah blah blah. I'm sorry, but I'd like a bit of frequency range instead of only being able to play above 35hz. Remember, it's a 2.5" coil. It's not a unicorn woofer like sone people make it out to be. Don't get me wrong. I love sundowns products and agree they are badass, but people jock Jacob A LOT and most of those people are the ones that say "oh it can handle TONS OF POWAHHH" without even running the product. Good luck with your system tho man. At the end of the day, it's you're decision. Not ours. I'm just giving you my personal opinion from experience. thank you. Good knowledge here..let's be smart about the subs we use.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.