pioneer 4100

Ok I did a trade for this unit and looks wise I like it but its pissing me off and I'm about ready to pull it out and sell it and buy something else. I can't get it to play dvds I keep getting the can't watch while vehicle is in motion. I tried grounding out the parking break wire then found a website where they talk about using a relay to use it to simulate the parking break being engaged but it still dosnt work that way either. I could always use a toggle switch but don't really want to, then there is the ground noise I already grounded the rcas and they go to the eq and the alternator whine is still pretty Damn loud, I'm out of ideas on what else to do to cut down on it. The deck itself is nice and I like it but the dash install kit I got from scosche is a piece of shit so ill have to end up getting a new metra one but if I can't fix the ground noise so its not so bad and get the movie to play without a toggle switch I'm just gonna pull it out and try to make my money back on it. If I turn the music up I can't hear the ground noise but even at volume 6 or so I can still hear it and no this isn't my first pioneer headunit but problems like this is why I got away from them. And before you ask the rcas and power and ground wire are no where near eachother. Any tips before I take it out and its in the for sale section? Lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I have the same HU and love it. Use the relay, it does work. One thing i could never get the ipod video to work. As far as the noise goes, i get 0 noise from mine. Possible bad rca?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

It could be a bad rca to the eq....I doubt it, all of the rcas I use are rockford fosgate but ill swap the one from the deck to the eq and see if that gets rid of all the noise. I'll tell you how I have the relay wired and you can tell me if its right cause I googled it and this is what I found...

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Pin 85 goes to ground (loop these 2 together with the short piece of black wire) Pin 30 Goes to ground

Pin 86 Goes to remote ( Blue) Pin 87 Goes to Parking Brake wire (Green)

I did that and it still dosnt work, the dvd still dosnt show on the screen, maybe the relay is bad or since you did a relay too maybe you can tell me if this is right. But if I can't get rid of ground noise then I'm gonna get rid of the pioneer deck, I was anti pioneer for after my avid n1 had problem after problem and wanted to try a new one hoping they fixed the obvious problems but apparently not.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

as for the EQ.. I wouldn't.
I honestly don't see the need for an EQ with a Pioneer deck especially the 4100
that EQ is probably introducing the noise into your system and trust me its a pain in the ass to get it to where there is no noise

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Pin 85 goes to ground (loop these 2 together with the short piece of black wire) Pin 30 Goes to ground

Pin 86 Goes to remote ( Blue) Pin 87 Goes to Parking Brake wire (Green)

I did that and it still dosnt work, the dvd still dosnt show on the screen, maybe the relay is bad or since you did a relay too maybe you can tell me if this is right. But if I can't get rid of ground noise then I'm gonna get rid of the pioneer deck, I was anti pioneer for after my avid n1 had problem after problem and wanted to try a new one hoping they fixed the obvious problems but apparently not.

Not 100% sure but you need to have the power(red one) hooked up to the relay too

At least that's how it is for the 4300

Edited by bre2ts

you win some, you lose some

It could be a bad rca to the eq....I doubt it, all of the rcas I use are rockford fosgate but ill swap the one from the deck to the eq and see if that gets rid of all the noise. I'll tell you how I have the relay wired and you can tell me if its right cause I googled it and this is what I found...

You still have to touch the blue screen to get through, I think its the continue button.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I'm running the eq because 1 I already had it and 2 I'm going to be running so many amps on the mids and highs I want the adjustability of the output voltage because right now its set to 6 volts and the deck puts out 4 iirc plus with as many speakers as I'm gonna be running I want the extra control a eq gives me. Matt are you using a relay for your 4100 or 4300 to bypass the parking brake wire? If o can you tell me how its wired cause there is one open prong I could put power there cause right now on the relay its double ground, remote and parking brake wire just like i posted above and kasey thanks for the video I already watched it and have it wired just like that. As far as the eq putting more noise into the system I hooked the rcas to single 4 channel in there now to the deck, same amount of noise as hooked to the eq. I even tries grounding out the rcas in from the deck on the eq and just made a bunch more.noise I'm gonna try new rcas from deck to eq tommorro and try grounding out the rcas from the eq to the amp...worth a shot. If you could tell me how your relay is wired Matt it would help a lot cause like I said I did it exactly how its done in the video and this website I found. Id like to be able to just get everything fixed in this one, its a nice unit and I already have the back up camera hooked up and am in the market for some real cheap 7" monitor's, just havnt found any yet.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

pioneer are great H/Us the sound quality is better than kenwood

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC