Anyone make a DIY Soundbar?

Well I have a Flat screen TV that is very nice but the sound isnt too great.

I really like the Soundbar ideas so I dont have to run wires or anything like a surround sound set-up.

I am not looking to do anything spectacular or anything like that. I just want to improve my sound a bit more.

The idea I have had in my head was to have 3 2" tweeters and 3 3.5" Full range woofers.

I have no idea about what amplifiers I would need or anything like that.

Well I have actually looked into a nice budget amplifier but I am unsure if I would need more then 1.

The amplifier is called Lepai Tripath TA2020 which I have read alot of good reviews about.

I am not 100% sure if the speakers I have been looking are are good or anything like that but what do you guys think?

3.5" Full Range Woofer:

Vifa TC9FD-18-08

Tweeters:

JAMO 20132 2" Paper Cone Tweeter

or

2" Paper Cone Midrange Tweeter

Any suggestions guys?

Anything will be appreciated!

Thanks!

This image is of somebodies custom soundbar they designed but they have alot more speakers then my idea.

soundbar.jpg

I am leaning toward a smaller soundbar just to enhance the sound in the room.

This soundbar is a Dayton Audio BS36:

300-684_si.jpg

300-684_siii.jpg

Well, soundbars are designed to play surround using crossovers or even dvc midrange speakers to have the side speakers play front stage and surround at the same time. So building a sound bar using 3 speakers, your just doing 3channel stereo?

The little 2"mid you selected not the nano but I have some and they are fun to play with. They play from 500-10,000 hz pretty well, but can be harsh. The vifa Mids should be a good fit. If you need compact good sounding tweeters I have a bunch if the dayton rear mount silk dome tweets for $5 each- new.

Also I took the sound bar idea one step further and built a ht system/tv stand. Tv stand with all speakers installed inside.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived