DIY bass shakers

I thought you guys would not only find this interesting, but have the knowledge to follow through with it. I made a pair of them a bunch of years ago using Pioneer 12" subs and an old 70W x 2 Technics receiver. It made the door on my oven downstairs rattle (I had only a 150W, 10" powered sub, so that was not what was shaking anything) :good:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_4_2/tactile.html

Tips: Use loctite on the fasteners, ensure you can add/subtract weight to/from the bridge across the dustcap in order to tune it, and frame the fukers like you mean it. You will NOT be dissapointed. It REALLY added to the HT experience, unlike anything I've heard/felt before. Commercially available "shakers" tickle your bum compared to these.

*Caveat- I used speaker-level outputs from my main HT receiver and converted those to RCA level inputs for the shaker receiver, often putting 9V of input into that poor thing. It lasted a year, but could easily be reproduced with a good plate amp meant for HT subs.

Edited by audio1der

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

• 1 month later...

Pics? I'm not quite following it. It seems like you're essentially attaching the sub to your couch so your couch shakes? Seems like SQ would be terrible.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Pics? I'm not quite following it. It seems like you're essentially attaching the sub to your couch so your couch shakes? Seems like SQ would be terrible.

What SQ?

It doesn't produce sound, or atleast it shouldnt if it works well.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Okay so you would do this with a separate sub. One to produce sound and one just to vibrate?

I guess I just don't see the point. :shrug:

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png