Sonic Electronix

hey guys,just wanted to ask a quick question? ive recently found a leak in the trunk of my car,and my subwoofer box is swelling up quite bad.i took it out one day and realised the mdf has lifted up a little,so i took it out and figured out where the leak was coming from and sealed most of it so i decided to put the box back in.a day later i chekd to see if they were any leaks and there was so i took the box out again and sealed my trunk once more with some carbond and then tested if water would get through and since then my trunk has been dry.for time being my box has been at home,so i decided to have a look if it had dried and the wood has started to flare out a little and the areas tht had lifted up have developed little cracks.will this affect the sound in any way?

most likely you have affected the wood to a point the box will be begin to tear apart...its most likely going to start leaking after a while.. mdf+water=bad news bears

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Got any pics?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

If it were me I would build a new box when you can...mdf swells and looses a lot of its integrity when it gets wet. If you are worried about it with a new box you can always put resin on it to help make it resistant to moisture. Good luck man!

If it were me I would build a new box when you can...mdf swells and looses a lot of its integrity when it gets wet. If you are worried about it with a new box you can always put resin on it to help make it resistant to moisture. Good luck man!

i dont even know how to build a box lol,but i am thinking on getting a new one made but before i do im gna put the box back in my trunk and see how it sounds,if it sound the same i might aswel use it til its had enough...thanks alot for the advice anywy man.

No prob man...and it's really not to hard to build a box if you have the tools to do it. But yea you probably won't hurt anything by using the box like it is just wont perform to its full potential.