Second Skin Audio

New Box Suggestions

PaCiFiKbAllA

What up guys! Long story short, I have a custom 4.6 cu/ft ported enclosure tuned to 35hz with 2 x Aeroports (6" round and 10" deep) (sub back, port back) in a 2001 Civic EX Coupe.

Dims: 34" W x 16" H x 14" D (top of box) x 20" D (bottom of box)...the back of the box is slanted, I guess it would be a wedge /___| box. I am running just a single DD 9512h off a DD M3a. Now, I am satisified with how the sub responds in this enclosure...it frickin' slaps...but since the box sits so high, there is almost no gap at all between the bottom of my rear panel and the top of the box...which to me, is keeping the air from coming into the cab.

If I were to build again and shorten the height of the box so that there is a 1" gap or more from the rear panel and top of the box, could I compensate for that and increase the length of the box, so that the cube stays the same or near it?

Also, I was looking at the slot ported enclosure that DD recommends and wanted to know what your idea's were on it. All I am after is getting some air into the cab of my car so I can FEEL THE BASS slapping my head! I love how it sounds, I just want some air man! lol Let me know what your ideas or opinions are. Thanks!

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Give it around 2.5 cubes net with around 17sq in of port per cube and I'd tune around 37hz for daily if it were me.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets