Sonic Electronix

You don't want the mids on full range, they aren't needed to create low frequncys that's what subs are for, but yes if done correctly it would sound better where as the staging would be a little better, I will be running all of mine active when I get to that point

thts wht iv been told by someone who is advising me to buy a 4 channel and wire them directly,he said mids on full range but i told him ur mids r suppose to be on low pass

Ive actually been thinking, you can make your own passive crossover boards that will make it exactly how you want it, lp at 4k hp at 100-120 for mids and hp at 4k for tweets... Or for mid sub/mid/tweet setup, 100-300 300-4000 then 4000+ all in one board, it's all about how much time/ how much cash you want spend..

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Ive actually been thinking, you can make your own passive crossover boards that will make it exactly how you want it, lp at 4k hp at 100-120 for mids and hp at 4k for tweets... Or for mid sub/mid/tweet setup, 100-300 300-4000 then 4000+ all in one board, it's all about how much time/ how much cash you want spend..

ok im confused:S u knw when u said id need an high pass around 120/240 on mids and tweeters 4k did u mean thts wht it shud be set to on the amp

ok im confused:S u knw when u said id need an high pass around 120/240 on mids and tweeters 4k did u mean thts wht it shud be set to on the amp

You don't want the mids on full range, they aren't needed to create low frequncys that's what subs are for, but yes if done correctly it would sound better where as the staging would be a little better, I will be running all of mine active when I get to that point

thts wht iv been told by someone who is advising me to buy a 4 channel and wire them directly,he said mids on full range but i told him ur mids r suppose to be on low pass

You dont want your mids on low pass, cause it will play the frequencies lower the the setting you have it at. Unless you can put your low pass to like 3khz. I have my high pass set to 80hz and use the passive crossovers that came with my componets. Eventually i would like to run active, but thats a whole new build, and right now im trying to get the most out of what i already have. If I were you I would just run passive ( crossovers that come with the componets). Mine sound great, maybe try to mess with the placement of your equipment to get better sound instead of trying to run active.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3