Sonic Electronix

How To Tune Subwoofer Amp Without A DD-1?

If everything goes as planned I will have the SA-8's playing tomorrow! Problem is I gotta re tune the amp! Can someone please explain to me how to tune the amp! :drinks:

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Turn the knobs lol... Or You can use an o-scope or take it to a shop that tunes with a scope. Actually I have a dd-1 you can use if you want to drive here I am in northern utah like just over an hour and a half north from you. I could meet you half way and we can tune your system and bump some bass if you want.

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

^^^ O-scope and test tones would be your best bet.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Turn the knobs lol... Or You can use an o-scope or take it to a shop that tunes with a scope. Actually I have a dd-1 you can use if you want to drive here I am in northern utah like just over an hour and a half north from you. I could meet you half way and we can tune your system and bump some bass if you want.

I may have to take you up on that sometime! Like after I get my license next month! lol! Any idea how to do it by ear? I dont really have access to an o scope

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

If you've got a dmm, there are write ups on how to do it based off of the speaker output voltage on the amp. Just google it, chances are that it'll bring you right back to this website :-) if I wasn't mobile, I'd provide a link.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

So you put in a system but you can't even drive it? That sucks... Ya hit me up sometime. There is not really another good way to do it. The best way other then a o-scope or DD-1 would be with a Digital Multimeter but that is not going to be as accurate and you could still have clipping. It is basically imposable by ear. You will not be able to hear clipping or distortion tell it is really bad.

Ninja'd :ph34r: and I did not even put up the link ether :glare:

Edited by 14dbass

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

i heard the clipping on subs when i use the tones that come with the CD, when i was tuning mine i would actually hear the clipping on my subs when the light would turn on on my dd-1

i heard the clipping on subs when i use the tones that come with the CD, when i was tuning mine i would actually hear the clipping on my subs when the light would turn on on my dd-1

I have a friend who can do this too. You just have to know what you are listening for.

Just go to a shop, they are going to know what they are doing. Everyone talks crap about shops but if they are in business they might be at least doing something right. lol Normally shops have the equipment to tune amps.

Also the shop near me is really cool. They are a DC dealer and have a DD-1 along with a couple of O-Scopes. They are down with SMD too. haha WINNING

Edited by FroznBeavrBALLs

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Think imma try the DMM! Question what you do the voltage squared whatever it is lol, do you do it by the watts per channel or total?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif

Per channel I believe... If any doubts, tune it to a few volts below what the recommended rms is, just to be safe. That's what I did till I got my dd-1

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg