Second Skin Audio

Silverado crew cab box help

sps1989

I have a '02 chevy silverado 1500hd 4 door truck that i am planning on putting 4 d2 sundown sa-8 v2s behind the back seat. They will have about .5 cubes per sub. I talked to jacob and he said it would be fine for them to ran in that size box. The box will be made out of 5/8" mdf and the front slant will be 3/4" and will be tuned to 33 hz. They will be powered by a crescendo bc2000. For the box pictured, would 2 4" aero ports or just plain sch40 pvc be enough port volume and sound good? One on each side of the bottom facing in opposite directions.

IMG_20120115_160841.jpg

IMG_20120115_161826.jpg

Don't choke the port firing it at the sides of the cab. You need at least the diameter of the port from any obstructions to not choke it. Is download Torres box calculator found on this site and plug the numbers in. I'm on mobile, otherwise I'd do it for you :) good luck.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

5/8 MDF is a no-no.

and i partially agree with what clean sierra said. It's a good rule of thumb, but it's not always true

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Using 3/4" you will only lose 2 cubes still at 2.76 cubes. And according to Torres you only need 9" of 4" diameter port, and that will give you a tuning of 32hz. W/o woofer displacement. If you try to add another port to save room you'll end up with really long ports.

Hope this helped

Basshead-in-Training

5/8 MDF is a no-no.

and i partially agree with what clean sierra said. It's a good rule of thumb, but it's not always true

In that truck SPECIFICALLY it's a good idea to leave the port width from the side. I don't know how much of a footprint those SAs have breathing wise.

Using 3/4" you will only lose 2 cubes still at 2.76 cubes. And according to Torres you only need 9" of 4" diameter port, and that will give you a tuning of 32hz. W/o woofer displacement. If you try to add another port to save room you'll end up with really long ports.

Hope this helped

It's not just about tuning, it's also about port area per foot. Don't cheap those subs from port area.

Hope this helped

It's not just about tuning, it's also about port area per foot. Don't cheap those subs from port area.

Yor right. I learning too. From trying all kinds of numbers to get between 15-18 sq inches of port, and 32 hz tuning, you're either going to need 2 4.5" diameter ports, or you will have to design a slot port or change the box dimmensions. The 4" port didntt have enough port area (10.63" per foot) and the 5" ports had enough port area but the box was too small to accommadate for the long 5" ports. IMO I would go for a slot port.

Basshead-in-Training

Archived