Sonic Electronix

Need help with a fourth order design!

I will be using 4 nightshade v.2 18s on 2 saz 4500s. Im looking to do a 2:1 ratio for this box...im just not sure how many cubes i should use in my sealed section.

Im wanting this build to be very musical not so worried about spl.

Would you just stay with the original box size, 4 to 5 cubes? Or should i shrink it up, or even make it larger??? :trippy:

And port area for the ported section, im guessing 10 to 15 sq in per cube?

All help would be greatly appreciated :drinks:

I've heard singer recommend 1:1 a few times to give a flat response for daily.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

So many different answers! So im still not completely sure what would be best.

Anyone else have some input?!?

I've done a ton of reading thru endless threads trying to conquer a 4th order a that's all the important info I've came across that's worth anything but maybe someone will chime in

What the space you have to work with

Edit: I would say around 2.75 cubes each sealed and 5.5 cube ported after displacements where as 3 sealed 6 ported would be good on rms and they recommend 4.5 when throwing 2500 each ported, so after rise and such you should be seeing around 2k-2200

Thats all based of a post in another thread I found with the search button :)

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Archived