Second Skin Audio

Got tons of options for Subwoofers Help me choose!!

First this thread is kinda pointless where as it is a vs and will more than likely be cluttered with arguments before long as they all do.. And there are to many opinions to really get anywhere

Second no matter what anyone says its your choice in which you choose, any of the mentioned subs will do you well

All that said, 18s are out there is simply no enough space, 2 12s are pushing it I personally say 3.5 cubes after displacement will be to small for those as well, one 15 would enjoy being ported at around 3-4 cubes, so that would narrow it down quite a bit..

I have heard the Q and the BL and from my personal experience I would say the Q would be more suited out of those two

Between the Q and the SSD I Cannot say because I have neve heard or seen the ssd in person, but judging by specs I still favor the Q

I don't mean to come off like a dick, just being blunt, cuz I'm tired of sugar coating everything

well its not really vs when its all the same company :shrug:

edit: and yes i agree its his choice but like many other ppl he wants oppinions

Edited by Jd1102

Same company or not it's still the same IMO, it's like saying should I get a Chevy Malibu or a Chevy silverado? Same brand totally different products

That said gl on whichever you choose I hope my advice helps you narrow your choices down some,where as I would hate to see you put all the work into making that box and end up choking the woofers and not being satistfyed as I have been many times before

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Thanks guys. Blunt or not I'm all ears. I just see so many possible options and want to choose the best one first. My old style would be to buy just the biggest baddest woofer(s) availible and be done but this time (first for me) i have to carefully decide on what will do best to meet my criteria. I may also do an interchangeable top baffle so that the glassed in part remains and I just have to swap the 1 panel to do new setup. Same box volume though no mater what i do.

I ruled out 2 of my original options so far. So down to BL 15, SSD 15 or 2 SSD 12s - all ported designs.

Thoughts on BL only having a 1000 on it. I feel like I would be underpowering it really, as the SSD seems to handle it with ease.

Also Im not 100% set on just Fi but leaning that way a lot.

DC stuff looks nice but Im even less familiar with it.

Edited by rogue

Single 15 setup still seems to be the best option for you, and you me times upgrading later on, so why not get a good 15 that will hold more power than you will be running and when u decide it's not enough all you will have to do is all more power.. Granted it will be the slightest amount less than a woofer at max power, but the lack of excursion at low power seems like a nice trade off for upgrade possibilities

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait