Active AF F22 Maintainer, Langley Va.

I am on 12hr Panama shifts so 15 days off a month... be jealous ;)

-Drew

i have been trying to convince my shop to go on panamas forever. they say we'll get too much time off. but what they don't realize that it'll guarantee 24hr coverage 7days a week 365days a year and never have to sorry about weekend duty schedule because it'll rotate naturally.

so yes, i am jealous <_<

What's your job? let me guess, Japan... shift work... no desks...

either 1) F-16 crew chef or 2) Security forces

Personally I hope it is the chef because I'm partial to the maintenance field myself.

-Drew

no f16s here at kadena, we actually have langleys old 15s.

your right about the no desk job

way off with the SF

as a f22 maintainer your are actually probably quite familiar with my job.

i'm AGE, the red headed step child of the flight line

Ahhhh well that is different! the location listed on your profile is Okinawa :trippy:

Oh I love AGE... Working at Corrosion Control for a good bit let me repaint almost every type of AGE you carry... Now that I am on flightline I just stick to the B1s and B4s to access the top of the jet. I'll probably end up on the Okinawa rotation this year but we'll see. I'd rather visit that guy ^^^^ in Italy but the jets don't fly that way. :shrug:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Active AF F22 Maintainer, Langley Va.

I am on 12hr Panama shifts so 15 days off a month... be jealous ;)

-Drew

i have been trying to convince my shop to go on panamas forever. they say we'll get too much time off. but what they don't realize that it'll guarantee 24hr coverage 7days a week 365days a year and never have to sorry about weekend duty schedule because it'll rotate naturally.

so yes, i am jealous <_<

What's your job? let me guess, Japan... shift work... no desks...

either 1) F-16 crew chef or 2) Security forces

Personally I hope it is the chef because I'm partial to the maintenance field myself.

-Drew

no f16s here at kadena, we actually have langleys old 15s.

your right about the no desk job

way off with the SF

as a f22 maintainer your are actually probably quite familiar with my job.

i'm AGE, the red headed step child of the flight line

Ahhhh well that is different! the location listed on your profile is Okinawa :trippy:

Oh I love AGE... Working at Corrosion Control for a good bit let me repaint almost every type of AGE you carry... Now that I am on flightline I just stick to the B1s and B4s to access the top of the jet. I'll probably end up on the Okinawa rotation this year but we'll see. I'd rather visit that guy ^^^^ in Italy but the jets don't fly that way. :shrug:

-Drew

i was deployed with some guys from langley, and yea we get the f22 rotatations here from langley, elmo and holloman. Kadena is on okinawa... misawa has 16s but in northern mainland japan.

i will be stationed with ken in italy in a couple months, as much as i love okinawa i just could use a change of scenery. pacaf is the butt hole of the air force.

Edited by bre2ts

you win some, you lose some

Well I must have gotten those names mixed up! Be thankful, you have options and I can only go to the locations you've listed.

FML

I joined to travel not see Alaska.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

Well I must have gotten those names mixed up! Be thankful, you have options and I can only go to the locations you've listed.

FML

I joined to travel not see Alaska.

-Drew

true true, you can always apply for a special duty. i know E3s theres not usually a lot open but there is usually over seas postal jobs you can apply for. i know before the f35 they were thinking about expanding the 22 locations some.. i know hawaii was on the list for a bit, but idk whats going to happen now.

as a 22 maintainer youll probably never be stationed overseas, i am pretty sure they've said that all 22 sq will be based conus... yes i know ak and hi are technically oconus un the af eyes but theyre stll us states

i can be stationed pretty much anywhere they have age slots open at bases that dont even have aircraft assigned to them

Edited by bre2ts

you win some, you lose some

I can't get out of my career field! It is critically manned and special duty assignments are not approved <_< I know NCOs that actually got pulled OUT of MTI school to come back to the career field. I'm hoping that as an E4 in the next few years the job will balance out and I will get approved for a post office job or an equivalent. Until then, Somebody has to keep the jet stealth it might as well be me. Not everybody is given an hammer and told to bang on the most advanced operational fighter in the world I guess that will lift my spirits a bit.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said: