Hondabiker95's Slammin' Suzuki (FI audio & Rockford build) ***New flex Video***

Seriously what's up with that hole in the window? Why would somebody possibly do that?

I honestly have no clue what happened to it. The previous owner decided that putting chicken wire through it was a good Idea. But it is where the window latch used to be. Unfortunately they don't sell them online.

• 1 month later...

*Bump(ing)*

Got the SSD in a few days ago!! It's running in my car now and it's pretty loud. Although there are a few things I have to ask about. It seems to me like I was expecting a little bit more bass out of this thing. I think it might just need to wear in a bit. Also I might not be pushing enough power to it, It's just that my amp does ~1750watts @ 2ohm and I'm scared of blowing it up. Right now my gain is at like 2 maybe a bit less. And the dustcap seems to get a bit warm. Is this anything to worry about? Should I back off the gain a bit or can I turn it up? I don't smell any coil burning even after 15 solid minutes of bumping. Another thing is there is some air escaping from under the woofer and it makes a really annoying noise at half volume from air vibrating the rubber trim ring. I think im going to run a bead of silicone around it and seal it up. I've got my new coaxials on the way for the front. Rockford Punch 4"s. Eventually Im doing a wall, one more ssd 18, a pair of 6x9's and a P400-4, of course bigger battery and a 100amp alt too. Anyways now that I've pretty much spent most of my budget for now I'm going to work on more custom trim panels and stuff to make it look clean. Here are a few pics of the build. Video coming soon.

IMAG0179-1.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

Got mah box all dirty....damn.

build a bigger box 5 cubes is small for what a ssd likes id do more like 6.5 cubes net or 7 cubes..

and prolly why the dustcap gets warm is bc yes its still new and the spiders have to loosen up

and prolly your CLIPPING the sub.. little alternator and cheap amp tend to do that

build a bigger box 5 cubes is small for what a ssd likes id do more like 6.5 cubes net or 7 cubes..

and prolly why the dustcap gets warm is bc yes its still new and the spiders have to loosen up

and prolly your CLIPPING the sub.. little alternator and cheap amp tend to do that

5 cubes after displacement. 7 cubes gross.. I'm not going to bother building a whole new box when I plan on getting another SSD and doing a wall soon. And a cheap amp?? Lol. T1500-bdcp is about the best quality money can buy. Yes the 55amp alt is lacking but I can assure you I'm not clipping the sub, at least not a lot. My lights barely dim believe it or not. And once the sub broke in a bit it stopped getting warm.

That may be bad that your lights don't dim.

Your alt should sit at 13.8-14.7v and your batteries usually sit at 12.8v

the "dimming" happens when your voltage does a quick plummet from 14v to 12.8v and back up to 14v

with a 55a alt and a 1500w amp you SHOULD be seeing dimming.

If you are not, that means your voltage is probably going from 13.3 to 12.8 and your electrical system is suffocationg itself causing the amp to strain harder, eventually cause more strain on the woofer and finally risk a bad battery, amp, woofer, or all three.

Obviously the solution is :morepower1:

JK :twirl:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Archived