Battery Install Question: Can I cut off the factory Wire Ends?

This may or may not be a retarded question, but I'll ask anyways. Can I cut the factory ends off the wires coming to the battery and strip them back and insert them into a custom terminal block?

I'm gonna whip up a program and make my own terminals out of billet. I can do whatever hole pattern I want and the cleaner it looks the better as far as I'm concerned. Can I cut off the power and ground ends, loop the ground wires through the power management sensor and insert the wires into their own hole in the terminals or is there some sort of sensors that will get messed up if I do?

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

Worst case scenario, I can cut the plastic covering back to where the wires merge and leave the rest so it will mount flat on top of the block right?

Are you asking if you can cut the red and black rubber off the terminals ? I would think so.. I did it with my g6 and no issues at all. as long as there are no hidden wires in there which it looks like there isn;t you should be ok. I did it with no problems.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

u can do it

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

as for your second question, i haven;t messed with the fatory locations only added more. But yes to the first question.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

u can do it

Cut the entire ring off and insert the stripped back factory wires into a terminal block or cut the plastic off the terminals and use the factory rings on top of the new terminal blocks?

as for your second question, i haven;t messed with the fatory locations only added more. But yes to the first question.

I know that ring that goes around the ground wires is a power management system that senses current draw and adjusts current from the alternator to the battery accordingly. But I wonder if there is anything that senses off those factory ring terminals. Kinda like how they say not to replace the factory wires in the big 3, only piggy back them for a similar reason I think.

i think the terminals to the battery can be removed. but i wouldn;t mess with there location on the frame or an sort of module

how would you go about the power mangement system ? if you installed a h/o alt?

how would you go about the power mangement system ? if you installed a h/o alt?

I have no idea. I long for the days when you could just cut the shit out and leave the stuff you wanted and the vehicle didn't bitch about it. I'm afraid to touch damn near anything these days. There's sensors and modules connected to everything. :shrug:

And BTW, I found this when I was yanking the battery and tray. :trippy:

IMAG0326.jpg

Edited by 2007TBSS

Yea its fine and that other fuse is for your hitch (last picture posted).

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts