Second Skin Audio

hey im new on here but not to car audio. i m goiing to be building my 09 g6 here soon and i wanna use alpha damp in it. in the past i have used dynamat ex on everything. after seeing the vids it clearly looks better than that. so im planning on doing the whole car, trunk, roof, floor, outter door skins, and inner door skins. now do you think i should do it all in alpha or should i use damplfier pro on like the inner skins? i also will prob use lux liner on the doors brcause i want it extra quiet in there! for my build im using all arc audio equipment and running a ipad2 as my head unit. right now im gathering parts for it. im only running one of my subs right now of my stock hu and its rattiling this tincan they call a car to death!! so tell me what to get and let your product impress me! like i said ive used prob 2-3000 sq ft of the competators product in our shop so lets see what this stuff is like!

just for comparison..I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 S..its a midsize sedan and I just bought an 80sq ft. pack of damp pro. I havent installed the damp pro but let me tell you 80 sq ft is WAY MORE than what I was expecting. If you plan on using the alpha damp, you only have to have about 25% coverage on a panel!! A small amount goes very far with this stuff. I only used to use dynamat as well, but I wont after using SS..Second Skin is awesome!

2011 Chrysler 200 S (Black on Black on Black w/ black trim) :)

Changing all the time but, for now.....

*Coming Soon*

80sq ft. SS Damp Pro (INSTALLED)

36sq ft. SS Luxury Liner (INSTALLED)

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

All RF power wire, speaker wire, RCA's

RF T3 6.5" components (2 sets) have

RF T800-4 ad (mids & highs)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

still undecided on sub/sub amp

I would use a combination of Alpha Damp and Damp Pro in your G6.

Alpha - For the really flat areas like the roof and the outer door skin.

Damp or Damp Pro - For the other areas, such as the inner door skins, quarter panels, etc.

And as pointed out by our loyal customer above (thanks! :drinks: ), I wouldn't hit every square inch with product.

All totaled up I'd say no more than 80sq. ft. of Alpha and Damp/Damp Pro.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I would use a combination of Alpha Damp and Damp Pro in your G6.

Alpha - For the really flat areas like the roof and the outer door skin.

Damp or Damp Pro - For the other areas, such as the inner door skins, quarter panels, etc.

And as pointed out by our loyal customer above (thanks! :drinks: ), I wouldn't hit every square inch with product.

All totaled up I'd say no more than 80sq. ft. of Alpha and Damp/Damp Pro.

anytime I can help Jon :yahoo: I have 36sq ft. of the luxury liner as well..I will be posting pictures and probably a video of the install and my build..as soon as it warms a little

*Coming Soon*

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

im doing this as a SQ build so i want it as solid as i can get! so is it a no to the lux liner or use it also? we have noticed a big diff whey using dynapad on doors after extreame?!?

The luxury liner is to stop ambient noise..road, engine You also might want to pick up some Overkill foam to stop your panels and trim from rattling..

*Coming Soon*

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

Yeah go with the Luxury Liner Pro too, this will help you achieve the best SQ possible by lowering the overall noise level inside the vehicle. The more you are able to isolate the interior from outside noise sources, the better the SQ.

And measure the doors and other areas that you will be tackling with the Luxury Liner Pro carefully to make sure you get enough to create the best seamless barrier possible.

Some OverKill or OverKill Pro for trim rattles and squeaks never hurts.

anytime I can help Jon :yahoo: I have 36sq ft. of the luxury liner as well..I will be posting pictures and probably a video of the install and my build..as soon as it warms a little

It's always appreciated to have helpful customers like yourself. :)

And I'll definitely be waiting for the pics. This cold weather is just driving me nuts! lol

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I'm in PA so its pretty cold, but I'm sealing up the garage, cranking the heater, and getting to my build Saturday..so hopefully Sunday I will throw up some pictures for everyone

Edited by Chrylser200s

*Coming Soon*

Big 3 (RF 0 Gauge)

XS Power D925

XS Power D3400 have

lux liner pro ftw. ya if your working on a sq build its really a must.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer