Second Skin Audio

Slot Port for 2 DD 3515

SlamminBeats

i think im just gonna swap for 2515s, Ive always like my 2 sub setups the best, and also have always liked my 15s! Call me stubborn but thats just the way it is.. Ill try and come up with some designs soon.

I left you a suggestion earlier on this thread based on 2 6" aero ports, port area is within limits but allowing Vb to be as big as possible.

yea i saw that.

Well hopefully the 35s out perform my RE's. Like i said the RE are in chambers that are near 1.5 cubes to small and they are pretty good. I'd assume the DDs in bigger chambers will smash these.

edit i meant 2515s not 18s, when i said i was ditching the 3515s

So this comes up with the new dims, decent port area borderline net volume:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35,591 Hz

Vb = 7,711 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Front Mounted

External Height = 22 in

External Width = 32 in

External Depth = 27 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front & Back = 32 x 22

Left & Right Sides = 25 1/2 x 20 1/2

Top & Bottom = 32 x 25 1/2

Port Quantity and Dimensions:

Number of Ports = 3

Aero Port Diameter = 6

Aero Port Length = 19

Thats without a double baffle, be aware.

Also how you went from 36W to 32W??

So this comes up with the new dims, decent port area borderline net volume:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35,591 Hz

Vb = 7,711 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Front Mounted

External Height = 22 in

External Width = 32 in

External Depth = 27 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front & Back = 32 x 22

Left & Right Sides = 25 1/2 x 20 1/2

Top & Bottom = 32 x 25 1/2

Port Quantity and Dimensions:

Number of Ports = 3

Aero Port Diameter = 6

Aero Port Length = 19

Thats without a double baffle, be aware.

Also how you went from 36W to 32W??

yes, its hard to explain but i will

so my trunk is weird and after a height of 18, theres spots on each side that stick out, so the only way to achieve a higher volume was to increase my height, but to do that i had to decrease my width in order to gain that needed height, thus allowing me much more air space.

also, i have never dealt with aeros and i dont know where to get them, how much they cost, or how to install them.

Now all 3 of these problems may be easy but none the less i have no clue!!

also can i make it double baffle subs up.

First it would be useful to know which model of vehicle you have. Anyways what you posted is useful information, you have lateral airspace in the lower part of the box so even 4 external aeros can be put there without a problem. That would near you to a proper spec design.

You can make aeros with cheap PVC pipes, you just need to soften the ends or even flare the ends with heat. That's the least of your problems.

The subs "optimal" firing direction depends on the vehicle but if you are doing a double baffle is best to do it in the face with lesser area (front or back) unless the box can get taller.

First it would be useful to know which model of vehicle you have. Anyways what you posted is useful information, you have lateral airspace in the lower part of the box so even 4 external aeros can be put there without a problem. That would near you to a proper spec design.

You can make aeros with cheap PVC pipes, you just need to soften the ends or even flare the ends with heat. That's the least of your problems.

The subs "optimal" firing direction depends on the vehicle but if you are doing a double baffle is best to do it in the face with lesser area (front or back) unless the box can get taller.

its a hatchback, saab 2001 93, although its not a true hatch or one you are thinking of. Google it, youll see what i mean. But yea so i can make them out of PVC then? Thats easy. How do you install them ?

may ditch these and get 2518s instead

EDIT: i meant 15s!! not 18s

:No: dont switch to 2515s! theres no point just like the other guys said. will still be about the same size box you need. it is the volume thats a concern. all 2515s are going to do is likely reduce your overall power handling.

may ditch these and get 2518s instead

EDIT: i meant 15s!! not 18s

:No: dont switch to 2515s! theres no point just like the other guys said. will still be about the same size box you need. it is the volume thats a concern. all 2515s are going to do is likely reduce your overall power handling.

yea its pretty much set to keep these 3515s, i have been able to achieve a much greater volume now.

Archived