Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I currently have 8 12 kickers dual 4 ohm, I have a 96 caprice in which they will be going in.. I am doing it more for show then competition... What type of box do you guys suggest? and what type of amp? I need help IM not that deep into that much car audio I am still a rookie

Posted

Wall or clam. And to run those at rms you will need 3200 rms, which required electrical upgrades like batteries and a alternator.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted (edited)

the box will be in the trunk so im guessing thats what you consider a clam.. I will be running a kinetik hc2400 and I have a 240 watt amp alt

Edited by bossdup
Posted

Yes def wall them, no need to over power CVRs, every time i overpowered them, they blew. Use a DD-1 though to set your gains, and im sure you can give them a little more than rated, but def not more than 750 rms per sub.

Posted

if you want your rattles to be louder than the bass, sure stuff them all in the trunk. if you want to be loud and have a show pleaser, wall it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 404 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...