Authorized dealer worth it?

I would personally say it is worth it. I had a tint shop install mine, brother-in-law owns it and their electronics guy is not the best, but I figured free install and he still gets paid to install regardless. He messed up so bad on my 5901.

Every time I lock it it says I have a door unlocked. I'm guessing he was too lazy to install a sensor or something.

Also, if I remote start the truck then get inside while it is still running and turn the key to "ON" the check engine light comes on and stays on for a few days. Occasionally if I do this I also can't shift out of first gear so I have to pull over turn it off for a few seconds and then restart it and all is well, albeit the check engine is still on.

I hate myself for getting a lazy, non authorized/self trained person do it just simply so I wouldn't have to pay for the install. <-- Not angry description, but actually true.

In short, yes, I would recommend an authorized installer do it for you.

I would personally say it is worth it. I had a tint shop install mine, brother-in-law owns it and their electronics guy is not the best, but I figured free install and he still gets paid to install regardless. He messed up so bad on my 5901.

Every time I lock it it says I have a door unlocked. I'm guessing he was too lazy to install a sensor or something.

Also, if I remote start the truck then get inside while it is still running and turn the key to "ON" the check engine light comes on and stays on for a few days. Occasionally if I do this I also can't shift out of first gear so I have to pull over turn it off for a few seconds and then restart it and all is well, albeit the check engine is still on.

I hate myself for getting a lazy, non authorized/self trained person do it just simply so I wouldn't have to pay for the install. <-- Not angry description, but actually true.

In short, yes, I would recommend an authorized installer do it for you.

Thanks got my install all setup to get my 5901 installed at best buy $650.00

viper 5901 / glass break / backup battery / install

Archived