timma100 Posted January 28, 2012 Report Posted January 28, 2012 Going to replace my stock speakers in my 95 LeSabre soon, can anyone recommend high SQ 5-1/4" mids and 3/4" Tweeters? If I can get a set that includes crossovers that is extra awesome! Thanks a lot
CleanSierra Posted January 28, 2012 Report Posted January 28, 2012 How SQ are we talking? You might do some slight mods to fit a 1" tweet. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Robert8252 Posted January 28, 2012 Report Posted January 28, 2012 We talkin $100 set or $600 set? 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
412 CVX Posted January 28, 2012 Report Posted January 28, 2012 Try not to mention "SQ", Kranny will tell you just how little you know about it. Usually nice sounding component sets include crossovers. i've heard good things about Rockford Fosgate comp sets, but i'm kind of interested to see what teh people have to say. Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs. My temp system build log More box buildssome cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches! I'm with captain stupid.
timma100 Posted January 28, 2012 Author Report Posted January 28, 2012 We talkin $100 set or $600 set? Your right I should have clarified, I need a total of 6 speakers, 2 5-1/4" and 2 6x9" mid, 2 3/4" tweets. I will try to mod for 1" tweet. The way the cars setup is, the front doors have a 5-1/4" mid and a 3/4" tweet in them. and 2 6x9"s are on the back deck.. For price,$200 - $400. I mentioned SQ because I would greatly prefer a set that sounds great rather than SPL..
Robert8252 Posted January 28, 2012 Report Posted January 28, 2012 I'd skip the rears. Get a decent set of $2-300 dollar components for up front and a amp for them. I've heard a couple of the lower line rockfords and they were ok. JLs cheap entry levels are ok. So are hertz entry level. Can usually get a set for less then $200 easily. Then just get a half decent name brand amp for them. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
timma100 Posted January 28, 2012 Author Report Posted January 28, 2012 It sounds like the rears are blown, the car is full stock right now and I get bad distortion from the back of the cabin. Will proly disconnect them..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.