Sonic Electronix

I'm looking at buying a truck soon to replace my aging car. It's an '03 Silverado 1500 extended cab. I'm trying to decide how I want to go about with it. I've decided about 4 8's under the seat, but now I've seen videos of people installing 4 8's behind the seat, & I was thinking about combining both, if it would be possible (Amp placement would be decided later...possibly an insulated box inside the toolbox?). Would it be too insane to try something like that? I think it'd be interesting...Just thinking of ideas to keep the back seats in & still have bass...

POTATO!

I'll have 6 15s in the bed bumping and still have my rear ext cab seating :)

So no not to big

Yeah, but yours is in the bed, and I'm trying to prevent any cutting & hide it all away...lol. I just don't know how they would work well together with different air spaces & separate boxes.

POTATO!

Well I'm sure you could build two boxes with identical net size and port tuning and you would be alright, one under and one behind the seat.. Tight fit tho..

Depending on subs being used, but i still doubt it. Even if you used 1/2 mdf or birch theres not enough clearence between the seat and rear cab wall, especially with the high surround roll on most "larger" 8s

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Well I'm sure you could build two boxes with identical net size and port tuning and you would be alright, one under and one behind the seat.. Tight fit tho..

Depending on subs being used, but i still doubt it. Even if you used 1/2 mdf or birch theres not enough clearence between the seat and rear cab wall, especially with the high surround roll on most "larger" 8s

Yeah, I've seen a video somewhere of 4 SA-8's under the seat ported, and seen a video of one with 4 8's behind the back seat...

POTATO!

Make a box that has the same sitting demensions.. Brace it lie crazy, throw foam cover and wrap.. Seat with plenty of airspace ;)

And I'm using the under part of the rear seat to make an amp rack.. Which is gonna be tight.. So yea not alot of room..

Maybe raise the bak seat 1-2 inches?

Edit my 99 has the interior as yours, minus different styling of the dash bezel, seat covers, steering wheel, and console

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

I have the exact year, make, and model...I will never put the backseats back in. Man up

Well, I wouldn't care to take 'em out, but I usually have my friends with me, plus my family sometimes. Also, if I ever meet a special lady friend, the front seat won't work because a custom console with a radio/scanner/CB/siren will go in the front middle...

Plus it'd be interesting to see the look on their faces when they hear 8 8's & wonder where the fuck they are...

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!