so, i was thinking about building a sub wall for my astro van. honestly, ive never done anything with wood(handyman related) at all... i just know how to build/fix cell phones, desktops & laptops.

that being the case, what sort of tools/wood would i need? i'd prefer not to bolt it into the van as i'd like to be able to move it if ever necessary... so probably some sort of clamp system to hold it in place.

i realize i could just go and have a local shop do this but figure i'd say a big chunk of cash that could go to new subs instead.

any help is appreciated. thanks!

so, i was thinking about building a sub wall for my astro van. honestly, ive never done anything with wood(handyman related) at all... i just know how to build/fix cell phones, desktops & laptops.

that being the case, what sort of tools/wood would i need? i'd prefer not to bolt it into the van as i'd like to be able to move it if ever necessary... so probably some sort of clamp system to hold it in place.

i realize i could just go and have a local shop do this but figure i'd say a big chunk of cash that could go to new subs instead.

any help is appreciated. thanks!

3/4 MDF is your best bet.. if you don't have a table saw use a circular saw with a guide and your cuts will be perfect. i use titebond 1 and drywall screws, a lot of people just use staples though. best setup for an astro would be subs as close to the passenger side as possible and port on drivers side.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

table saw/ skill saw

t square (48")

wood glue

drywall screws

clamps

sander

drill

that is the majority of what i use. then some odds and ends when the need arises.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/