How To Do The Big 3: Tutorial

Guest MegaloManiac

im still confused on this does some one know or have a step by step video of how to do this so i can just do it as the video plays thankx

honestly if a rock had hands he would be able to do it

if this last video dosent help you out then i suggest you take it to someone who dose know how to do it...

:blush:

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Good Big 3 tutorial vid( no not a expertvillage vid, they suck)

It's a EXO production.(lookup EXOcontralto on youtube.)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Look o.k. Not going to say anything to offend but i did try to use a bigger bolt for the terminal for the ground because it will hold longer and stronger to it. I would never change my stock terminal, but you think that work for you then o.k.. I just add all my wire and terminal to stock....Don't forget to use a grommet to proctect the wire..

• 1 month later...
Guest Scylloga

I have a 02 dakota it has the power going tot he fuse block then to the battery. Should I replace those wires and add another direct line from the alt to the battery? Here is a couple pics. The first is how it is ran from the alt tot he fuse and on to the battery. I know I need to clean the terminal but been holdin off till I get some better terminals. The second pic is of my power wire from the alt tot he fuse block. It looks like they took two male female connectors and heat shrunk them. Or is that the fuseable link?

Posted Image

Posted Image

might freakishly somehow pull too much current or freakishly short it out somehow....but thats what fuses are for..those rare accidents...better to be safe than sorry!

if you put a fuse between the battire and the alternator and there is a short inbetween, i dont see that doing much but stoping damage from to the battires.

the alt will still be puting current to the short,would still be shorting out. no? not sure but sounds right.

if you where to put a fuse between the alt and batt. i would think it would be better suited to be near the alt.and then before batt, so if there was a short that would cut the current off sooner, at both ends

i figure this basicly on the fact that you put a fuse on both ends of a run from battire to battrie right.

my info could be all wrong. if it is please inform me so i do know for the futcre

~2006 chrysler Sebring~

~2 runs of 1/0 front to back~

~1/0 wire for "big 3"~

-------------------------------------------------------

4 spl-hx 12'' dual 2

2 dtr 1.3400

3 c&d terminologies 1000s

100 aH Each

piccso 6.5 comps

pinoeer avh 4900dvd

pioneer xm box

blue gauges

custom dave the box guys box

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new stuff on the way

Team

Soundstream

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NOO THE PICS ARE GONE...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

I am a Newbie to this Big 3 thing. So I am wondering, all you are really doing is adding extra wires to the alt. and keeping the old positive wires also...So that would be to different positive leads on the alt?

What is the main purpose behind the additional wire?

yes your adding extra and bigger wires

1.(+)to battery to alt

2.(-)to chassis

3.(-)engine block to batt

correct me if im wrong

Archived