dog24fret Posted January 30, 2012 Report Posted January 30, 2012 I was wanting to know if there is a guideline to keeping power balanced.The front stage will consists of 2 sets of 6.5" comps and a 8" mid bass.Rear will have 2 6x9's and one set of 6.5" comps.So with 2,000 to 2,100 watts for the subs.What would you guys recommend so that subs don't completely drown out the rest.The comps I will be using will handle 100 watts rms.Thanks Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Skullz Posted January 30, 2012 Report Posted January 30, 2012 I usually go with 1/4 to 1/3 of sub power for the stage portions power needs so you'll want any where between 500w and 700w rms for the stage total, not per channel. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
dog24fret Posted January 30, 2012 Author Report Posted January 30, 2012 .The comps I'm useing are Planet Audio BB625C.Each channel will be running 90 to 100 watts and 100 watts to the mid bass to the front only.Total of 600 watts in the front.To make sure is this what you meant.Thank you. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Skullz Posted January 30, 2012 Report Posted January 30, 2012 There is not rule on how much power you'll need but i use the formula as a starting point cause you can never have enough power for the stage portion anyway. I think you should be good to go but you'll probably need more power to those midbasses though, once you get everything playing is when you'll know for sure if you have enough or not. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
dog24fret Posted January 31, 2012 Author Report Posted January 31, 2012 Ok thank you sir.I was thinking of useing Crossfire XS M8 for the mid bass.The mid bass is all I need to figure out now.Almost have everything to start the build. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.