Sonic Electronix

2 $50 12' subs or 1 $200 15' sub pure SPL

I was just wondering this basic question. Would 2 kenwood 3013 12's at 600 watts RMS total in a prefab atrend box be louder than a single Skar VVX15 15' sub at 600 watts RMS in a custom ported box tuned at 32hz, in terms of pure dB loudness.

I would do the 15. The kenwoods are like walmart subs, they may have that "600 watts rms" but there never going to put out whats rated. Plus with the 15 you will have a 32hz box

02 Civic Si

Stock Alt

Kicker 0 gauge wire

Shuriken SK-BT80 Battery

JL Audio J2 320.4

Planet Audio BB 2400.1

Fi BTL 18 ufo motor

My 02 Si Build! http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I just HAD to be sure because I was GOING to do a $300 kenwood system, with those 12's but then I got recommended to spend another $200 bucks and get a decent system. I am going to be getting The Skar VVX sub, I just wanted to be sure, because in theory, 2 12's have considerablly more cone area. But thanks. hahaha :D

I just HAD to be sure because I was GOING to do a $300 kenwood system, with those 12's but then I got recommended to spend another $200 bucks and get a decent system. I am going to be getting The Skar VVX sub, I just wanted to be sure, because in theory, 2 12's have considerablly more cone area. But thanks. hahaha :D

Archived