Jump to content

Speaker location


siundcheck863

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been searching all day and can't find any info about this, so I will ask. I know that a lot of people put speakers in their pillars is there anywhere else to add speakers to the front stage besides the doors? For instance building pods and mounting them where sun visors would normally be? What would the effects be on the soundstage? Is it a bad idea and therefore why I haven't seen it done? Any thoughts?

Posted

I wouldn't, it would most likely sound too harsh. There's always the kick panels.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Posted

You can put them in the center console. I have an installer here who did 6" mids in his roof of his 2000 GMC Jimmy. I have built custom center consoles for customers who don't want their doors cut. It's all about preference and placement you have to know how they will sound you could always hold a speaker in different spots play it and test the sound see if you like it. I usually take a cheapy lightweight speaker and put double sided tape and move it from place to place to show how it sounds in different spots. It needs to be something really light that will hold up. I also have little speaker pods that are free standing for the same purpose.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Posted

You can put them in the center console. I have an installer here who did 6" mids in his roof of his 2000 GMC Jimmy. I have built custom center consoles for customers who don't want their doors cut. It's all about preference and placement you have to know how they will sound you could always hold a speaker in different spots play it and test the sound see if you like it. I usually take a cheapy lightweight speaker and put double sided tape and move it from place to place to show how it sounds in different spots. It needs to be something really light that will hold up. I also have little speaker pods that are free standing for the same purpose.

Learning new things as always. Never thought of putting speakers in my center console. Since I never use it. I may just ninja your suggestion

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Posted

some older jeeps have speakers in the roof in the back near the hatch. I only know that because my brother has them in his jeep. But i have never seen them in th front on the roof.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg
Posted

I never thought about the center console either. Thanks for the input guys. Has anybody heard or installed speakers in the roof or along the top of the windshield?

Yeah I just did a center console recently removed the old one and made a custom one with cup holders and speakers. Did one for the back seat as well. AS for the roof yes one of the installers here has 4 in his roof where the visors would fold up and it sounds really good the truck itself is doing 14,000 total watts he literally put speakers everywhere he could find space. There are some on the dash, doors, roof, custom built box where the back seat was and then the sub box is in the hatch literally now a 2 seater and is loud as fawk need to get pics and video of it in action.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Posted

I never thought about the center console either. Thanks for the input guys. Has anybody heard or installed speakers in the roof or along the top of the windshield?

Yeah I just did a center console recently removed the old one and made a custom one with cup holders and speakers. Did one for the back seat as well. AS for the roof yes one of the installers here has 4 in his roof where the visors would fold up and it sounds really good the truck itself is doing 14,000 total watts he literally put speakers everywhere he could find space. There are some on the dash, doors, roof, custom built box where the back seat was and then the sub box is in the hatch literally now a 2 seater and is loud as fawk need to get pics and video of it in action.

I wanna see this shit now! And lots of videos! Else im going to troll you for teasing!

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Posted

I never thought about the center console either. Thanks for the input guys. Has anybody heard or installed speakers in the roof or along the top of the windshield?

Yeah I just did a center console recently removed the old one and made a custom one with cup holders and speakers. Did one for the back seat as well. AS for the roof yes one of the installers here has 4 in his roof where the visors would fold up and it sounds really good the truck itself is doing 14,000 total watts he literally put speakers everywhere he could find space. There are some on the dash, doors, roof, custom built box where the back seat was and then the sub box is in the hatch literally now a 2 seater and is loud as fawk need to get pics and video of it in action.

Wow sounds pretty insane. I don't have much space in my car is why I'm asking. I think I'm gonna try my hand at fabbing some fiberglass enclosures with six 4 inch coaxials, three on each side. Bad idea?

Posted

:lol: I can get pics up probably tomorrow he is changing a lot about it but I get his permission first what I can say is 4 15" MTX 9500 on 2 Audiopipe AP300001d

Sounds good to me where do you want to put them and what kind of coax you using I like to go 6 or better just for the better midbass. I can assist you better with more details about the car and system you wanna run

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...