Sonic Electronix

Hey guys,

SO Right now i'm running 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a massive Basswerx box(it was free)((ported)) on a mrp-1000w Alpine amp.. As well as a 200 W alpine amp powering the in car type s/clarion speakers

Things sounds amazing, don't get me wrong but I wanna spice it up a bit..

Yesterday I drove about 2hrs to pick up 2 JL subs (sealed) with a 1000w alpine amp similar to mine for my GF.. I hooked it up quickly in the parking lot to test it out before I paid the dude.. I ended up driving the whole way home with all 4 subs banging.. Wasn't THAT much louder.. But I liked the sound quality for SURE.

Anyways what I'm getting at is that I saved the 1000w amp I bought with the JL's for my car because I already had a 500w alpine in the gf's car..

So now I have 2 mrp-1000 W amps

2 12" alpine type r's in the trunk..

Basically I want to add something to the extra 1000Watt amp I got yesterday..

I was thinking of getting either

A) 2 more alpine 12" type r's so I have four..

B) 1 Alpine Type r 15 INCH

C) 1 alpine type x

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! I can post some pics soon too.. I've done everything myself so far..

Gotta finish the big 3 as well just got a yellowop optima and it does wonders vs. what I used to have

Sell the type rs and get a better sub and run a amp per coil?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

There's nothing wrong with the Type R's I would get 2 more Type R's since you already have 2 and go with 4 but make sure you have the space to do it properly and the electrical to back 2000w

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Or build a 4 th order for the Type rs and run a amp per sub make sure clean signal and gain matched

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Use 1 amp & build a good box for 2 woofers. Or sell everything and get some better quality equipment.

I see what you mean but I realllly liek the alpine type r's with the basswerx box I have now.. It's a lucky match I think... Shit pounds.

I wanna keeep the alpine type r's I have.. Just don't know weather or not to make it 4 12"s or add a 15" if it will add nicely to the 12's I already have.. It looks mad legit already.. posting pics here is a pain because it won't link to my facebook lol

The 12's I have now are aiming the front of the car in a ported box (mostly for looks when the back seat pops down)

There's still room for another big box in the very bvack of the trunk.. Impalas=dope trunk space

There's nothing wrong with the Type R's I would get 2 more Type R's since you already have 2 and go with 4 but make sure you have the space to do it properly and the electrical to back 2000w

I like your thinking.. so def 4 12"s vs 2 12"s + a 15"?

Oh and If i'm Running 2 1000 W amps + 250 watt

... How big of an alt do I need to get?? I already have a deep cycle battery on the front (gonna put one more in the trunk soon)

Thanks for the help.. Everyone always has different opinions.. I find that these blogs/posts help so damn much with specific systems