Jump to content

727Designs Ranger Build! AA/Memphis/Singer Alternators/etc! Update: Flex video page 4!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Lookin good. 15volts seems high though on that alt. What about idle amperage?

Honestly, I'm letting Mike have free reign on all of the alternator stuff. What he says will work I'll listen to. I'm pretty sure the stock ECM can handle 15.2-15.3 so as long as I stay at or under that it should be fine.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Posted

Lookin good. 15volts seems high though on that alt. What about idle amperage?

Honestly, I'm letting Mike have free reign on all of the alternator stuff. What he says will work I'll listen to. I'm pretty sure the stock ECM can handle 15.2-15.3 so as long as I stay at or under that it should be fine.

Ya that makes sense. There's a reason he's so popular. He does know his stuff. I talked to him about getting one for my truck and he knew everything. Just don't have the money currently. Good luck though. Can't wait to see it done.

Posted

Lookin good. 15volts seems high though on that alt. What about idle amperage?

Honestly, I'm letting Mike have free reign on all of the alternator stuff. What he says will work I'll listen to. I'm pretty sure the stock ECM can handle 15.2-15.3 so as long as I stay at or under that it should be fine.

Ya that makes sense. There's a reason he's so popular. He does know his stuff. I talked to him about getting one for my truck and he knew everything. Just don't have the money currently. Good luck though. Can't wait to see it done.

His customer service is absolutely second to none. He's answered all my questions nearly instantly (including giving me a quote via email at around midnight Eastern time), even my non-alternator related questions. That plus his lifetime warranty was a no-brainer.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Posted

Didn't get as much done today as I had hoped, ground was still pretty wet and had to do some painting in our house.

Got the box in place, false floor bolted down:

402199_250839391658173_1770870615_n.jpg

and the 2 runs of + and 2 runs of - into the cab, as well as a spare ground for when I add the 4 channel. It will be all cleaned up when I build the amp rack (hopefully tomorrow):

405785_250839424991503_129634487111998_598184_1875813513_n.jpg

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Posted

Didn't get as much done today as I had hoped, ground was still pretty wet and had to do some painting in our house.

Got the box in place, false floor bolted down:

402199_250839391658173_1770870615_n.jpg

and the 2 runs of + and 2 runs of - into the cab, as well as a spare ground for when I add the 4 channel. It will be all cleaned up when I build the amp rack (hopefully tomorrow):

405785_250839424991503_129634487111998_598184_1875813513_n.jpg

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Posted

Another less than productive day. Had to do some more painting in the house, then had to make a few runs to town. Got the Stinger volt meter wired up and mounted, and a temporary amp rack made (once I know this box will 100% be staying the amp rack will be rebuilt and the box and amp rack will likely be Line-X'd.

Volt meter:

432265_251507388258040_129634487111998_599815_788371030_n.jpg

Amp rack:

420186_251507414924704_129634487111998_599816_877535584_n.jpg

Right now I'm waiting on my alt, and my dual inputs. Have to do 1 more run of + and 1 more run of - and finish putting the grommets in, then hook it all up and set the amp. Hopefully playing by this weekend!

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Posted

A little update. Should have one of the big finishing pieces here tomorrow!

Shipped/Billed On: 02/07/2012 Type: Package Weight: 18.00 lbs

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Posted

Singer alternator is in and on! Only waiting on my Toolmaker inputs and the substage will be ready to make noise.

418729_253549814720464_129634487111998_604117_81872181_n.jpg

Trying to decide now on components and amp. Looking at the MB Quart Onyx 4x60 on some MB Quart Oynx 6.5 components. Will take any suggestions though!

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9337 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...