Sundown Audio

RD Audio D9 @ .5 OHM

CJSmith

By high voltage I meant power input... I run my amps at 16v at wired at .35 for daily.. to much preamp input voltage causes problems especially if there any clipping

oh gotcha. i was referring to RCA voltage. Still I agree with you that there is no need to send crazy high voltage (RCA) into the amp. 4v is just fine. I am just personally a fan of keeping my gains as low as reasonably feasible in my car. I actually have my gains on my mids and highs amp turned all the way down. Really nice for the noise level in my car :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I disagree on the higher input voltage when wired at low impediance with high. Voltage..... I get major issues with subs jumping the gap like that send amp 3 to 4 volts max imo

I've seen the term jumping the gap quite a few times on the forum and I'm not sure what it means I'm assuming its when the subs suspension unloads so much that the bottom of the coil actually passes the top of the coil gap and either gets stuck up there or causes coil rub due to.the coil moving out of place, if that's what jumping the gap means aren't you jumping the gap due to overpowering or playing outside of tuning? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I disagree on the higher input voltage when wired at low impediance with high. Voltage..... I get major issues with subs jumping the gap like that send amp 3 to 4 volts max imo

I've seen the term jumping the gap quite a few times on the forum and I'm not sure what it means I'm assuming its when the subs suspension unloads so much that the bottom of the coil actually passes the top of the coil gap and either gets stuck up there or causes coil rub due to.the coil moving out of place, if that's what jumping the gap means aren't you jumping the gap due to overpowering or playing outside of tuning? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

IIRC it is when the coil is out of the magnetic gap. doesn't have to get stuck or rub I don't think.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

To be on the safe side.

Don't run amp below nominal impedence

Amp is rated at .75 ohm so another .25 ohm lower doesn't hurt it.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

To be on the safe side.

Don't run amp below nominal impedence

Amp is rated at .75 ohm so another .25 ohm lower doesn't hurt it.

plus, no company rates their stuff at extremes. They rate it to cover what the average idiot will put it through.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Well I've ripped the triple joints and bent formers on coils by jumping the gap ..at a show a few months back I blew some brand new sexy dc xl recones from it...ripped all 4 of my 18s during a burp...

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

• 2 years later...

Ok so i need some help, I have 2 Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18's, on a RD Audio D9 at .5 OHMS. Can the Mayhems handle that amp at full tilt? Given i have the proper electrical, and the amp producing a clean signal?

Ok so i need some help, I have 2 Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18's, on a RD Audio D9 at .5 OHMS. Can the Mayhems handle that amp at full tilt? Given i have the proper electrical, and the amp producing a clean signal?

I'd bet the amp goes first

On a D9? That amp will run for DAYS at .5 ohm.

And to the OP, yes they will handle that power.

What are the specs on the RD Audio D9?

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

I'd bet the amp goes first

On a D9? That amp will run for DAYS at .5 ohm.

And to the OP, yes they will handle that power.

What are the specs on the RD Audio D9?

Specifications

RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono

RMS power, .75 ohms mono 5400

RMS power, 1 ohm mono 3600

RMS power, 2 ohm mono 1800

RMS power, 4 ohms mono 900

Signal to Noise Ratio >100dB

Low pass frequency crossover 35Hz~300Hz

Subsonic filter 10Hz~60Hz

Bass boost @ 45Hz 0~18dB

Phase shift control 0~180 degree

Frequency response 10Hz~350Hz (+/- 1dB)

T.H.D @ 4 ohm <0.1%

Efficiency @ 4 ohm 86%

Fuse rating 500 amps

Input Sensitivity 200mV to 6V (+/- 5%)

I run a ct 4000.1 @ .5 daily, basically the same amp as the d9, doesn't even get warm to the touch.

Archived