Sonic Electronix

Just got my new box, can someone tell me what its tuned to

so i went to my local audio shop and asked him to build me a box for my 2 FI BTL N2 18s i asked him to tune the box the 34HZ . he saids ok, i told him multiple times to tune the box to 34HZ he said that i was worrying to much. when i go to pick it up i asked him what the box is tuned to he goes oh i dont know let me ask my employee he asks him his employee says 63HZ i asked him why would you tune it to 63HZ. the employee said my boss didn't tell me what to tune it to so i figure 63HZ would be ok, you can still hear the lows

so today i finally got to hear my box cause i couldnt listen to it last night it was to late, i cant tell the difference between a 50HZ and 34HZ bass note they sound almost exactly the same i am very disappointed with my installer the bass hits hard but i lost all my lows.

Can someone tell me what my box is tuned to and how many cubic feet the box is. also i asked him to make a bigger port then my last box cause it was to small it was only 157IN My new box is now 135 so he went smaller he use the exact dimensions of my last box but put the subs up and port back and in the center of the box.

Here are the Dimensions W 47IN H 24.5 D 29IN

Port dimensions W 6IN H 22.5IN Depth 22.5IN port is in center of box

Sub displacement .16 per sub

i got 28.39hz...

edit: i also put 2 in the common walls, and i got 27.63hz. i dont know if its touching the top and bottom of the box but i figured it wouldnt hurt to put both numbers in

Edited by Kranny

I don't know how to calculate boxes but if I was you I'd take the box back and demand a refund or a new box because that is not what you asked for

2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build)
2 Sundown SCV-3000D

2 DC XL M1 with PSI recones
Focal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HP
Kenwood KDC-X798
Knukonceptz OFC 1/0
Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunk
Stock 110 amp alt

2013 Scion TC

2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200

Sundown components

AA 50.2 for components

Pioneer FH-X700BT

Knukonceptz OFC 1/0

Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back

Mechman 240 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Build
http://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox

I'm getting 27.63 with your dimensions in torres calc.

If you were to open the port to 8" wide instead of 6" you'll get 180" and a tuning of 32hz and net vol. of 12.66cf or go to 9" and a port area of 202.5" and tuning of 34hz and net vol. of 12.20cf.

EDIT: Port length would remain the same.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2