Sonic Electronix

I need some advice on my set up this is my first real time playing with car audio an need help.. I got two Alpine type r's dual 4ohm the newer models 600 rms in a 30x14x14 sealed box wired down to a 1ohm load an being pushed by a Boss Phantom 5000 an a bx-10 soundstream epicenter but I only use it when I am bumping spanish music(corridos, Banda etc)other then that it's not connected because it doesn't sound good with My rap music. I am using 4awg power an ground wire with a 100 amp ANL fuse an fuse block. I have a stock battery an stock altenator. My questions are are alpine type r's really good subwoofers? An what about the boss amp? Cus I really don't think it's pushing a real 5000 rms like it says. I bought the amp thinking it was a good deal for $150 but now I don't think it's even close to pushing my Lil type r's To their full potential. I have the gain on the amp more than 3/4 up an it doesn't seem that loud. Some of my friends say if I get a ported box they will be way louder an others say its my amp. Also sometimes when I'm playing it loud after a while everything including my kenwood deck shuts off?. So what do you guys think I should do? Get a better amp? Upgrade my electrical? Any help would be highly appreciated.

how much u wanna spend?... id recomend a audioque 1200d should push them just fine..id also recomend building yourself a ported box

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

I'd be willing to spend up to $800 on an amp. An yea the gain is almost all the way turned up. So it will sound better with it turned down? Also the bass boost is up like 3/4 an my bass remote is almost 1/2 turn up.

Well before you go and start throwing money at stuff. You need to learn what not to do. Bass boost should almost never be used unless you got a scope or dd-1. The gain is not a volume knob. You don't keep turning it and the louder it gets. I doubt your type rs will last that much longer with the gains that high.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

All the gain is for is to match the decks output voltage from the rcas. The reason it doesn't sound good is cause your amp is a low quality amp or the enclosure might not be ideal for your subs, assuming everything else is set up right. Do some reading around here and get yourself some knowledge on what to do. Good luck man!

Alright thanks guys yea I didn't know any better it just sounded louder that's y I did it. But I will most likely be looking to get a much better amp when I get my truck next month an will be looking to get a ported box for those subs. Thanks for the advice.

No prob man, we all have to start somewhere...just do yourself a favor and in the meantime do as much reading here as you can. There is a lot of good knowledge floating around here on the forum.