Need Single Din Idea

Ive finally gotten around to removing the old cd player that came in my vw from the factory. ive replaced the hu awhile ago but in the model i have there wqas a seperate cd player. Only bad thing is if i remove it, if i want to buy the cubbie for it, they're like $80, and that's pointless. So i was thinking, maybe i could make a single din mount for my garmin. good idea but i dont know exactly what would be the best solution. the GPS is taller that the space so i cant do anything flush, and i also have no way of actually securing whatever face plate i end up making for this. Any ideas/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I would use the open space you want and extend it forward and down slightly to mount the GPS that way you build it to look flush but its slightly extended enough so that you have the CD player and the GPS mounted nicely.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Steve and d'amore engineering is gonna release a single din size VU meter that looks pretty badass, I'll get the link to the video and post it up in a sec.

Edit-here's the video

Edited by sprkn_ranger

I like the VU meter idea or an EQ maybe. Damn that is in a retarded spot, can you move the HU down and then do something in the top slot?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

How tall is the GPS unit? It might look out of place just being "stuffed" in a single din slot...

As far as the wire, just buy a cheap cig lighter socket at autozone or somewhere and wire it in behind the dash, unless you are willing to hack up your GPS power cord to hard wire it. I still vote for the VU-DIN gauge! :pardon: lol