Sonic Electronix

Wouldn't it be better to do port/subs forward in a trunk car CVX?And big 3 upgrade is

Alt+ to battery+

Battery- to frame (Strut tower works well for most, do not do a thin sheet metal body panel)

engine block to battery-

Here is a decent video showing what to do

Edited by Lbox88

Subs and port firing to the back of the car works the best in most cases in trunk cars. But every car is different so you'll have to experiment with it to see what works best for yours. Tip: If your bass gets noticeably louder with the trunk open compared to when its closed, not good.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Hey guys im kinda new to car audio and all. had a couple systems in my car but nothing really to brag about, but im starting my first real "build" and i was hoping people on here could help/give me good input on what i need to get and do.

Currently my build looks like this:

2 12" Sundown Audio SA-12

1 Audioque AQ1200D Amp or 1 Sundown Audio SAX-1200D <-- Which amp should i choose? i plan on upgrading it to a bigger amp in the future too.

1 XS Power D5100 Batt

1 Mechman HO Alt 220a

I am putting this in the back of a 2006 Toyota Corolla. My trunk dimensions are 42x25x16, so could i fit a decent sized ported box back there or what?

Any other input, ideas, or anything else is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

im runnign two sa 10s on a 2200D at 1 ohm

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

my bass is noticeable louder when my trunk is closed so i will probably end up facing the port towards that trunk. The car is an 06 but i dont know if it has had a new battery put in, i assume not. Also how many ft of 1/0 awg wire would i need, i just need an estimate. Also what brand wiring should i get?

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

^^ So i leave both the positives from one side and both the negatives from one side untouched for wiring at 1ohm?

What about getting a capacitor or volt reader?

Edited by baldwin3m

Wouldn't it be better to do port/subs forward in a trunk car CVX?And big 3 upgrade is

Alt+ to battery+

Battery- to frame (Strut tower works well for most, do not do a thin sheet metal body panel)

engine block to battery-

Here is a decent video showing what to do

The guy is just cutting his teeth, u guys are over complicating things, K.I.S.S.

In order to pull that off with good results he'd have to make sure the trunk is completely sealed off, and the rear deck too. Not exactly an easy task for a greenie. Plus you lose some of ur low end that way too. If he's going for numbers it would def be the way to go though, but not for a strictly daily car, IMO.

Subs up, port back is kind of iffy too, I wouldnt go that route unless you've done some experimenting and are sure that would be the best setup for your car. That usually works best in suv/hatchback applications, can work in trunks too but again, gotta experiment.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

True monte. Plus I didn't even think if the seats fold down or not. Sorry OP, kinda jumpin' the gun :pardon::lol:

my bass is noticeable louder when my trunk is closed so i will probably end up facing the port towards that trunk. The car is an 06 but i dont know if it has had a new battery put in, i assume not. Also how many ft of 1/0 awg wire would i need, i just need an estimate. Also what brand wiring should i get?

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

^^ So i leave both the positives from one side and both the negatives from one side untouched for wiring at 1ohm?

What about getting a capacitor or volt reader?

Do not buy a capacitor. And basically, all positives on both subs go to the positive output terminal on the amp, and all negatives to the negative output terminal. See how the wire goes from left to right to the first sub + then there's a jumper to the other + on the same sub? and the wire also goes to sub #2 + and then another jumper to the other + on that sub? Same with the negative terminals.

Edited by Lbox88

Do not buy a capacitor. And basically, all positives on both subs go to the positive output terminal on the amp, and all negatives to the negative output terminal. See how the wire goes from left to right to the first sub + then there's a jumper to the other + on the same sub? and the wire also goes to sub #2 + and then another jumper to the other + on that sub? Same with the negative terminals.

^^that really confused me haha sorry for makin it difficult on everyone <_< (FIGURED IT OUT)

another question popped into my mind as well, what is the difference between copper and aluminum voice coils? which one is better?

also should i invert these subs or not? i had my jl w3s inverted for a bit, and they sounded pretty good, hit the low notes harder.

Edited by baldwin3m