Push Button Start Conversion

So I have been thinking lately and my 2005 Civic is the first car I ever purchased with my own money and instead of selling it I have decided to simply change somethings on it and keep it around. On top of Performance and Audio (Will discuss later) I want to do other subtle things one being push button start. I have always been interested in it and I like the concept of just simply having my keys in my pocket and starting the car with a button. My question is I have seen a lot of kits online but do they really work? I don't want to cause any issues with the car because with 140k miles I have never had not one major issue on the car (*Knocks on Wood*) Aside from preventive maintenance this car has been cheap to keep it running. So has anyone done it and if so, opinions please.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

A buddy of mine had a kit on his truck, it was cool and everything but he still had to put key in the ignition to unlock the steering wheel

That's a bummer I was hoping to get all fancy like newer cars but I am still liking the idea how long has he had it any issues with starting?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Not that i know of, his dad was the one that put it on, i guess he just tapped into wiring in the ignition system because it wouldnt start even if you turned the key all the way

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Not that i know of, his dad was the one that put it on, i guess he just tapped into wiring in the ignition system because it wouldnt start even if you turned the key all the way

Thanks! :good:

They have kits on line, last time I checked for one was over $300

Yeah I was looking at them just wanted to get some knowledge and see if any forum members have done it.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yup.

Digital gaurd dawg is the one i use.

No keys at all

All rfid

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Yup.

Digital gaurd dawg is the one i use.

No keys at all

All rfid

I was hoping you or snafu would chime in. So with the one you're using it works like a newer model luxury car just your remote that you can leave in your pocket. Any issues at all with it?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived