UPDATE Page 4.. Card board box for 4 15s =)

How did you run your power cable through the car? My girlfriend has a gti too and it was a nightmare to run 4awg through, some of the trim panels needed a good push just to stay down. So i need to find out how to run 0awg as that's what i want to put in mine when/if i get one.

Wrapped the first half of the power with the stuff they use for exhaust, then ran it down by the air filter, then under the car. Then in the floor board, there are some rubber plugs. Removed them and ran the wire up through that way. I have the wrap all the way up to that point, then with the hole, I took some rubber hose and lined the hole with it and then a ton of silicon. The rubber house keeps the cable from rubbing sharp metal. Not ideal with the car, but not much of an option, like you find out. It's a pain, but it works. Spent half the day under the car making sure the wire was protected and secure.

Same with the ground. When I'm 100% done, I'll post up pics. I had to even replace my air filter to a 'CAI' to have more room. :drinks:

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Thanks! Still a lot of work left on the box. Over all, I'm happy with the way it looks so far.

Hobby, still have that fuse holder set up? Where did you get yours?

Also, a noob question, but with one battery, and three runs of power, do I need more than one fuse per run? Or is the one (per run) under the hood fine?

:drinks:

All the odd fuse setups I have had were made from .25 x 1.5 x 1.5 aluminum angle stock. I just cut, tapped and did a little sanding and polishing to it. I have a bunch of small pieces around the shop. If you need some let me know. Some are already tapped for 1/4 20 threaded bolts.

Thanks Zach!

Ed, I may do that. I'll hit you up on FB when I get an idea of what I'm going to do. I'm running two runs into the Mono amp, then the 3rd run into the 4 channel, so I'm thinking enough for three in and three out? Then I would only need three more fuses! Ha! I have the runs for the alt and fuse holders already, but was missing the rest, then I saw yours and loved the idea.

Blown

Woohoo! Order my Alt from DC POwer and will be getting the 300 SPX sometime next week, Ordered my XS Power D3400, got my JVC put in, which was a bitch, and got my windows tinted. Tomorrow, pics and covering of box and make the amp rack and hopefully order some nice battery terminals from either toolman or anyone else who can get them here fairly quick!

Blown

So your finally doing it! lol. You using around the same specs as me? I'm having space problems lol

02 Civic Si

Stock Alt

Kicker 0 gauge wire

Shuriken SK-BT80 Battery

JL Audio J2 320.4

Planet Audio BB 2400.1

Fi BTL 18 ufo motor

My 02 Si Build! http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

LoL. Yea, I started it finally. Well a week ago or so. Box size is very similar actually! Being the way my hatch is, I have a little more room. Yea, I saw yours and thought sweet! hahaha. Sucks, I've been rolling around with the box in the back, cause it's too damn big for me to get out alone. =( Tight fit!

Blown

Haha I feel you. Think im gonna keep sub facing up and then change to aero ports to facing the front of the car, really my only option if I want the low tuning. Good luck with your build bro!

02 Civic Si

Stock Alt

Kicker 0 gauge wire

Shuriken SK-BT80 Battery

JL Audio J2 320.4

Planet Audio BB 2400.1

Fi BTL 18 ufo motor

My 02 Si Build! http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Archived